30 - I'm Not Complaining

"Kirst..." Mitch nudged Kirstie lightly in the ribs. She'd fallen asleep on Mitch's couch while watching The Breakfast Club. It was 11:24 at night. They'd spent the entire day together, wandering around California and shopping until they couldn't carry their bags anymore.

Kirstie stirred, her eyes fluttering open. "Oh, did I fall asleep?" She stretched an arm and lay her head against Mitch's shoulder.

"You did." Mitch laughed. "You fell asleep during The Breakfast Club. You should go to jail."

"Oh, whatever." Kirstie shook her head and yawned. "What time is it?"

"It's almost 11:30. Do you want to spend the night? Scott's probably spending the night at Alex's. I'll shoot him a text message. You can sleep in my room."

"That would be nice." Kirstie smiled. "I'm going to text Avi."

Kirstie glanced down at her phone and saw that she had a missed phone call from Scott and saw a text message as well.

Scott: Call me asap. Don't tell TV.

Only Kirstie knew Scott's odd nickname for Mitch. When he wanted to be super secretive with him, he'd call him TV, which was short for Teevee. That's the last name of the character Mitch played in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when they first met. He didn't know his name at the time, so he simply called him TV.

"I'm going to call Avi really quick while you text Scott." Kirstie smiled and put her hand on Mitch's leg before getting up and walking outside. She shivered as her body adjusted to the cool night air.

After a few rings, Scott answered. "Hello?"

"Hi," she said with a laugh. "You rang and text?"

"Oh, shit. Yeah... hold on." She heard a deep voice in the background, accompanied by a door shutting. "Okay. Sorry, I'm with Avi."

"Oh, what are you doing? I thought you were with Alex?"

"I was. I wanted to go hang out with Avi for a bit. I've got to bounce some ideas off on him. I also figured you were still with Mitch, seeing as how you aren't here right now."

"Oh, yeah. We went shopping, and had a full day of catching up and movie watching and drinking and fun."

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't he be?" Scott felt his phone buzz. He pulled it away for a second and saw a text from Mitch.

Mitch: U must be with bae. Kirst is sleeping over. Don't be alarmed if u come home and I'm in ur bed. Unless u like that. JK omg jk.

Scott smiled, suddenly wishing he could just go to his apartment and find that beautiful man in his bed. He was too conflicted to have that happen.

"Scott?" He forgot he had Kirstie on the line.

"Oh, sorry. Anyway, I'm staying the night at Avi's. You keep Mitch company and I'll keep Avi company."

"Sounds perfect. I missed my Mitch anyway." She laughed. "Are you sure you're okay? There's something weird about your tone."

"No, I'm just tired. Avi and I have had some great guy talk. He's talked about you."

"Oh my god, what did he say?"

"Shit!" Scott began crinkling a pizza flyer he found on Avi's door. "You... break... sor... bye!"

"Ugh, you ass!" Kirstie glared at her phone while hanging up. She went back into the apartment and told Mitch about her phone call and they made their way to bed after Mitch let her borrow some of his clothes to sleep in.