chapter 5. - in debt to you

゚.*・。゚

" So ... you left to protect me?".

After a short sob story which almost drove Y/N to literal tears, it turns out that the man never left Encanto. For the past 10 years, he has been living inside the walls. Probably hearing everything his family calls him. Mirabel couldn't seem to form more words, and Y/N stared at the drawn plate on the small table, her heart filled with nothing but pity. Bruno nervously fiddled with his fingers as he looked at the two.

The teen continued on about how she wanted to know what she was doing wrong. What should she do, should she stop it, should she leave? Y/N gently placed a hand on Mirabel's shoulder to give her a small feeling of reassurance. Mirabel gave her a quick smile before staring back at the fixed vision in her hands. " My guess is, the house and the Encanto. It's all gonna come down to you." Bruno finally said. Y/N's grip on the teen's shoulders loosened a bit. The house and Encanto were all up to Mirabel?

" Or maybe I'm wrong!" the cloaked man suddenly said before standing up and pushing the two girls towards the door.
" Look I could've helped more but uh... that's all I know." He gave her one last nudge in the shoulder. " Good luck. I wish I could've seen more." Shyly giving Y/N one last glance he closed the door, leaving Mirabel and Y/N alone with their thoughts. Y/N patted Mirabel in the head.

" Are you alright Mira?" she asked her, a bit hesitant because it looked like Mirabel was very lost in thought.

" Yeah" the teen suddenly blurted out. Her eyes widened, looking at Y/N in the eye. " Yeah...!". With the surprised woman standing behind her, the 15 year old kicked open Bruno's door with a bright face, startling the man who was just peacefully feeding his rats. " Then just have another vision!" Mirabel suggested happily.

" O-Oh no I can't I-I don't do visions anymore-"
" But you could!"
" But I won't-"

Bruno grabbed a broom in attempts of shielding away his niece but as he backed away, his back bumped against Y/N, who's eyes , matching Mirabel's, were filled with hope. " She's right, maybe you can do a vision again for just this once sir!". Mirabel nodded. " Right! Like you can't just say I have the weight of the world on my shoulders, The End!". His niece grabbed the broom off his hands and continued on. " If faith's up to me, I'd say, " Have another vision!". Bruno tripped and set a few rats flying, Mirabel staring at him while crouching down.

" Look! Even if I want to, which I don't! You wrecked my vision cave! How am I supposed to have another vision without any space?" He argued. But Mirabel continued on. She had this wide smile on her face which made Y/N smile as well.
" Then we'll find one!"
" Where?"

" You can use Antonio's room!"

Y/N's head whipped around, the voice was so familiar. She turned to see the faces of Keo and Antonio, still in their pajamas accompanied with a jaguar.
" Keo! Keo what are you doing her sweetheart?!" Y/N exclaimed, cupping her child's cheeks in worry. " Well mama, we were in the kitchen and Antonio said he heard voices in the walls." he replied. Antonio waved his hand before glaring at his jaguar. " Don't eat those." he scolded, making the jaguar sadly back away from the rats. Mirabel smiled even more seeing the interaction between mother and son. " You didn't go to sleep again mama." Keo continued, crossing his arms while pouting his lip. Y/N placed the hair on her face behind her ear and laughed silently. " Well mama had to go on an adventure with Mirabel." his mother whispered into his ear.

Keo looked over his mother, staring at Bruno. The kid's eyes widened and he shook his mother's shoulders in glee.
" Mommy that's the man that saved me!" he yelled, pointing at Bruno who flinched. Mirabel widened her eyes as well as she looked at her uncle. " Saved?"