Chapter 1

Authors note
This is my first FanFiction so please comment and tell me what I can do to improve my writing. I will mostly be writing about Riley and maya but if you have any other pairings you want me to write about you can comment a pairing or you can email me at maddyrosecronis@gmail.com
Thank you everyone for reading and I hope you enjoy☺️☺️

Mayas POV

    I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened but I fell in love. I don't know how it happened. It's the sort of thing that isn't just gonna go away. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and I don't know what I would do without her. To be honest I wouldnt characterize myself as a lesbian, I mean she's the only girl I have ever had feelings for. But it happened, I fell in love with my best friend... I fell in love with Riley Mathews.

    I started to notice these feelings about a week ago - - - - - - - -

Flashback

    "Peaches!!!" Riley exclaimed as I crawled through the bay window.

"Hey Riles. What are you up to" I said as I plopped down on the bed next to her.

"Nothing much. What are you doing here?"

"I don't know I just wanted to see you"

"Ok, well im glad your here"

Nothing else was said after that for a while. As I was laying there I had the sudden need to look over at her and when I did she was facing me with her eyes closed. I never noticed how beautiful she really was. Wait what am I doing I can't think of her like that. Then, she opened her eyes and oh my god, her eyes were so beautiful. Stop, Stop, I cant keep thinking these things.

"Why are you looking at me like that Peaches?" she said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No reason.. I gotta go. Sorry Riles."

Then I left as quickly as I entered.

Flashback End

    I haven't been to school since then. I haven't even answered Rileys calls or texts since then, I just needed time to figure out my feelings for her. I know I need to go see her. I grab my things and head out the door, everyone should be home by now.After about 10 minutes I finally arrive at her apartment complex. I decided to go in through the door since It's been a week since ive seen her. When I get to her door I knock. It was only a couple seconds before someone answered but it felt like forever.

"Maya?!" I heard as the door opened.

"Hey Mrs. Mathews" I said quietly.

"Is everything okay?" She said a bit concerned,

"Honestly, no but I'm working on it."

"Okay, I'm here if you need me. But you might wanna go see Riley. She is really worried about you."

"Thanks Mrs. Mathews. I'll go see her now."

I headed back to Riley's room and went in.

"Riles?..." I said quietly and cautiously.

"Peaches?..." she said as she slowly sat up with tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong Riles"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT'S WRONG! YOU HAVEN'T TALKED TO ME IN A WEEK, I THOUGHT YOU HATED ME!" She yelled as the tears intensified.

"Of course I don't hate you, Riles. I-I just needed time to think about things."

"What did you need to think about that made you completely ignore me for a week?"

"I-I can't tell you Riles..."

"WHY CAN'T YOU TELL ME PEACHES, WE TELL EACHOTHER EVERYTHING."

"It will change the way you see me..."

"Oh Peaches, nothing will change the way I see you... What's going on?"

"O-Ok, R-Riles... I um.. I'm.." I started the tears already showing.

"Peaches... you can tell me anything." She reassured me.

"Ok.. I-I fell in l-love with someone."

"Wait, but that's great, who is he?"

"That's the thing... It's not a he, Riley, I-I'm gay." 

"Oh..."

"That's why I didnt wanna tell you.. I knew you wou-"

"Let me stop you right there, I don't see you any differently... but you said you're in love with someone, who is she?"

"I-It's you Riley."

"Oh"

"Riley you don't have to say anyth-"

Before I could finish Riley leaned in and kissed me. It was slow and amazing. When she pulled back I was a little dissapointed.

"I'm sorry Maya"

I didn't know why she was apologizing. I went to lean in and kiss her again but she pulled back to avoid it.

"Maya... I just don't think I feel the same way"

"Then why did you kiss me Riley?!"

"I thought maybe I would feel the same and maybe it would help but I don't think I do."

"Riley.. All that kiss did was hurt me. All it  did was break my heart... YOU broke my heart by kissing me and then telling me you don't feel that way."

"Peaches..."

"N-No. You can't call me that anymore. I-I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore."

At this point neither of us were trying to hide our feelings and we were both crying. I looked at my ring and pulled it off. When Riley saw me take off my ring her tears only intensified and so did mine.

"Pea- Maya... P-Please. Don't do this.."

I took her hand and put the ring in it. I took one last look at her and left.