Chapter 8

Authors note

This chapter is going to pick up with Riley's POV from where it ended in chapter 6.

*Recap*

We walked out of the hospital leaving Lani speechless. We drove home in silence, but I still couldn't stop crying. When we pulled in, I got out of the car and ran to my room and completely let my tears out. I didn't even realize someone was in the bay window waiting for me until they said something.

"You love her, don't you?"

Riley's POV

       It was a voice I was happy to hear. I looked over to see Farkle Minkus sitting in the bay window. After Maya left, Farkle and I began to get much closer. We even dated for a couple weeks but decided we were better as friends. He had become the person I trusted with anything. I told him everything. Well, almost everything.

"F-Farkle?" I asked through my tears.

"Hey Riles..."

That nickname used to be reserved for Maya, but I guess that was never going to happen again.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was at the hospital when everything happened with you and Lani."

"Why?"

"I may still be a mad at Maya for how she hurt you, but I still care. I wanted to check up on her."

"Oh, ok."

"Riley, what was the real reason she left and don't tell me you don't know, because I know you do. Tell me the truth"

"She left because I broke her heart."

"How? You would never hurt her."

"But I did hurt her."

"How? Tell me the whole story.

I proceeded to tell him everything that happened that night. From her telling me she loves me to me kissing her and then telling her that I don't feel the same way to her giving me back the ring. No one knew that she gave the ring back, Farkle is the first person I have told.

"Riley, if she gave the ring back than why do you still wear yours?"

"Because I can't take it off. I love her Farkle, I love her so much. I wish I had realized back then but I know now."

       At this point I wasn't even trying to hold back the tears. They were falling faster and harder than they ever have before. He pulled me in and hugged me tight. I was getting tired and as I was about to fall asleep, I felt him pick me up and carry me to my bed. Only he didn't leave, he kept me wrapped in his arms until we both fell asleep.

----1 Week Later---- 

       Farkle has been spending a lot of time at my house since that night. He has been there whenever I needed to talk or just cry. We were sitting in my bed watching Red Planet Diaries when my mom came in. I haven't been to the hospital since the first time I went but my mom is there almost every day to comfort Katy.

"Hey Riley, hi Farkle" she said as she walked in

"Hello Mrs. Mathews."

"Hey mom." we said in unison.

"So, I need to tell you something."

"What's up mom?"

"Mayas awake. She woke up this morning."

"What..." I said with a shaky voice.