chapter 5

Riley's POV

I woke up and for a quick second I forgot what happened last night. It didn't last long though because after a few seconds it came flooding back all at once. I haven't even gotten out of bed yet and I am already crying. I figured that since it was a Saturday I can stay in bed all day. I layed back down still crying until I finally drifted asleep.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in" I said groggily and annoyed with whoever woke me up.

My mom opened the door and walked over to me to give me a hug.

"How are you feeling honey?"

"Not good, I feel sick to my stomach.."

"Oh, well that's not good, I guess you're not up to seeing Maya then?"

I shot out of her arms the second she said that.

"WHAT.. She's finally awake?"

"Well, no honey... She hasn't woken up yet but I just got off the phone with her mother and she said we were welcome to go see her. She also said she misses you."

"Can we go mom? Please!?"

"Of course get dressed and I will meet you in the car in ten minutes."

I rushed around my bed to get to my closet and started frantically looking for an outfit. While I was looking I found the box I stored in there 2 years earlier. I opened it up and looked at Maya's old ring. The one identical to the one that I still wore on my finser. I tried to hold back my tears but one slipped through. As I closed the box I thought about taking it with me but I couldn't, it's not like we are even friends to be honest. I placed the ring back in it's spot and got dressed.

I rushed downstairs and got in the car that my mom already started and was sitting in.

"Ready honey"

"Nope, but let's go."

She looked at me with a sympathetic look and started driving. We arrived at the hospital about 15 minutes later.

"Are you coming Riley?" My mom asked in a worried tone.

"You go ahead, I'll be right in, I promise."

Topanga's POV

"Are you sure honey"

"Yeah mom, I'll be up in a minute."

I knew that she was worried to see Maya and her mom. I wish I could help her more but I guess this is something that she needs to figure out on her own. I walken in the hospital and walked towards Katy to give her a hug. I can't even imagine how hard this is for her. I got over to her and gave her a tight hug.

"Hi Topanga, thank you for coming."

"Of course, this must be so hard but I'm here for you okay. The whole Mathews family will do whatever we can to help."

"Thank you, how long has it been since you've seen her or talked to her?"

"God, I haven't heard from her or seen her since she left"

"Well, I know she misses you guys. Speaking of the Mathews, Where's Riley."

"She said she would be up in a minute. I don't know if you know everything that happened before she left but it really hurt her so she is worried that Maya still doesn't want to be friends I guess"

"I know everything that happened"

Just then Riley came into sight and walked over to us.

Riley's POV

"Hey..."

"Riley! It is so good to see you. Come here" Katy said as she pulled me into a hug. I hugged back.

"Good to see you too ms. Hart."

"Oh Riley, you can still call me Katy."

"Oh, alright, good to see you too Katy."

As Katy and I were talking I saw someone coming toward us. It was Lani. Just as she got over Katy noticed her and gave her a tight hug.

"Lani, I am so glad you came. I am so happy to see you. Have you met Riley yet?"

"Yeah we met briefly at school the other day. It's good to see you Riley" She said with a smile on her face. I couldn't figure out if it was a fake smile or if she was being genuine. Probably a little bit of both.