Chapter 12

Riley's POV....    

        The next morning when I woke up, I couldn't help but feel happy that Farkle was still holding me in his arms. I looked over at him to see that he was awake and staring at me.

"Morning Riles." He said quietly with a goofy grin.

"Morning Farkle." I said back quietly.

I leaned up towards him and kissed him. He immediately kissed back. That's when I heard a knock on my bay window. I looked over and saw Lucas, as soon as I motioned that he could come in, he opened the window and crawled in.

"So, is this a thing again?" He asked gesturing to me and Farkle.

Farkle looked down at me to tell me that it was my choice. I wanted to say yes, I mean, I love Farkle so much, but what about Maya? Could that ever happen? Of course not, I mean nothing to her. 

"Yeah, yeah it is...." I said with the same goofy grin he wore just a few minutes ago.

"Well, congratulations, you two are cute together." Lucas said genuinely.

"Thanks, Lucas."

I leaned over to give Farkle another quick kiss when I heard a voice that I didn't think I would hear for a long time.

"Is now a bad time?" The voice said from my bay window.

I turned away from Farkle to see Maya outside my bay window. I never thought that I would see her coming in through the bay window again. After she left, I locked the bay window, and no one came in or out of it for months before I was finally able to open it back up. Seeing her come through the bay window again made me sad but also happier than I have been in a very long time. She looked nervous and downright uncomfortable. Lucas, Farkle, and I shared the same surprised look. Farkle was the first one to speak.

"Of course, not Maya, come on in." He said quickly.

She climbed into the bay window and looked around like she had never been here before. I eventually realized that she was just avoiding eye contact with anyone. 

"I think I'm going to head out. See you Riley, see you Farkle, it was good to see you, Maya." Lucas said before climbing out the window and heading home.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to head out too. My parents are probably wondering where I am right now. See ya Riles. Good to see you Maya, I'm glad you're ok." Farkle said in a cheery voice before giving me a quick kiss and heading out. He went through the bedroom door so he could say bye to my parents.

"Hey...." Maya said softly.

"Hi." I replied with more confidence than I expected.

"So, you and Farkle, huh?"

"What does it matter to you. We aren't friends anymore remember." I growled at her.

"I'm just trying to make small talk."

"Well, you have no right. You are the one who broke up this friendship. Oh yeah and please tell your girlfriend not to come to my house again and to not take pictures of me and Farkle with no shirt on."

"What do you mean?" She said, sounding genuinely confused.

"She busted into my room last night while me and Farkle were together. Neither of us had a shirt on. She took a picture, called me a slut and left."

"First of all, I had no idea she did that Riley and second of all, you aren't a slut. I just came to tell you that when Lani told you I didn't care about you, it wasn't the truth. Of course, I care about you." Maya said with tears almost in her eyes.

"Oh, ok." I spoke.

I have never been at a loss for words with Maya before. I didn't know what to say or do so instead, I got up and walked over to the bay window and sat in my spot. Maya was looking at me curiously. As soon as I motioned for her to come over, she walked over and sat in her spot.

"We haven't sat in the bay window together in 2 years." I said as tears were already starting to build up in my eyes. 

"It feels good to be back here." Maya said with a smile on her face and a tear sliding down her face. 

We both jumper towards each other and landed in each other's arms. When Maya jumped towards me, her phone fell to the floor with a bang. We didn't move from the sound. We just held each other for the first time in 2 years. I felt like a weight was lifted off my chest the second we made contact. It was like all the problems in the world didn't matter as long as we had each other. We were both crying. I knew she was crying because I could feel her tears on my back and I'm sure she could feel mine too. We still didn't move, even when we heard the door open.

"Maya?" The voice said.