The King's saviour (m/m)

Saviour: is spelt right its the british spelling

The king's saviour

M/M

I have been working at the palace for almost five years, mostly working in the evening to the early morning. I enjoyed my work for the most part apart from some of the more flirty staff members trying to chat me up, I managed to politely excuse myself or decline but today one woman in particular was trying to keep me away from the Kings door.

"You should take a break with me sweetie, come on my treat" she purred to me.

"Thank you but I am not interested" I smiled and walked away.

She kept following me then I felt something strange, "What are you up to?" I asked.

At that question she shut up and ran away, I ran to the king's quarters hearing a pained grunt coming from the room.

"Your Highness are you alright?" I asked when I knocked

No sound only grunts and a long pained noise that sounded like help, walking in I found a man dressed in all black with a dagger in his hand.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM! GUARDS ANYONE THE KING I IN DANGER" I yelled grabbing the nearest thing to me which to my horror was an ash shovel.

I ran to the assassin and hit him with the handle making a satisfying thunk sound, he lunged at me swinging the blade back and forth somehow I managed to dodge. I managed to kick the guy in his nuts making him scream I used this time to completely knock him out with some sleep powder I kept in my pocket.

Looking at my King I knew I had to help him, running to his bed he was looking right at me. His vibrant orange, white and black fur was beginning to fall out, his hair started to become matted and his eyes are blown. I needed to treat him; glancing at the blade I knew what was used to poison him Death Cap mushroom. I knew how to sure it as I was getting started a maid showed up with a guard, I looked at them and pointed to the assassin.

"He tried to kill the King, he has been poisoned: Death Cap mushroom. He needs the cure now! Get the Healer!" I told them.

The guard ran off and the maid remained, he began to fall asleep I couldn't allow that. Removing his sheets I grabbed and twisted his nipples hard, he growled loudly pushing me off him.

"Your Highness you need to stay awake!" I told him.

Ignoring me he started to doze off again, grabbing his ear I shouted "Wayne. Listen to me, if you fall asleep you will die, if you stand up you will die. You MUST stay awake, do you understand me Wayne?" I asked.

He looked into my eyes pleadingly then nodded his head, to my relief the healer appeared with the antidote. Before she could give it I was chained and carried away along with the assassin, we were dragged into the dungeons I was thrown into a separate cell than the assassin. I told the guards about the strange maid I met and they said they would look into it, my chains were removed and I was left in the dungeons.

I sat in the dungeon for three days with only bread and water and my clothes to keep me warm, I had a few dealings with the guards mainly them asking if I was involved.

I always replied, "No my king has given me shelter and a job, I would die for my king".

On the fourth day before lunchtime, I heard some unfamiliar footfalls on the cold cobblestone floor, I stood and looked to the door seeing the silhouette and the face of my King. I bowed keeping a respectful distance from the door as it opened; he walked in asking the guard to stand outside the cell.

"Look at me, what is your name?" he asked.

I gave him my name and looked at him; his golden eyes seemed to burn into my soul. He sat down and asked me to recall the night of his attack, which was an easy task and told him everything in fine detail.