Episode 10

Flashback

(Y/N)'s POV

Today, we were getting a new student. And from what I heard, it was a boy from Tokyo. But what I didn't know was that his name would be a bit on the girly side. But then again, my friends, Haru, Makoto, and Nagisa, also have girl sounding names so I shouldn't complain.

Up front stood a boy about my age with magenta hair and red eyes.

"My name is Rin Matsuoka", he introduces with a big smile on his face, "I previously went to Sano Elementary School. I have a girl name, but I'm a boy. Looking forward to being in this class!"

What an energetic introduction. But also, why does that school sound so familiar?, I think to myself.

Wait...

...

"Wow! This tree is huge! Is it a cherry blossom tree?", Rin exclaims.

We were currently standing in front of a cherry blossom tree with no blossoms, due to it being winter and all.

"It is", Makoto answers.

"Yeah?", Rin says, "So come spring, there'll be a whole bunch of blossoms falling into the pool. I wanna try swimming in a pool of cherry blossoms."

"But wouldn't the water be cold by then?", I ask.

"Yeah, it would", Makoto answers before turning to Rin, "You should wait until summer before swimming."

"I was joking around. You don't have to get so serious", Rin says.

"I have a question for you", Haru says.

"Oh? What's up? Looking to shut down the transfer student on his first day?"

"No. I believe we've been in the same tournaments before", Makoto says.

"Oh! You remembered me?", Rin exclaims.

"That's why you look so familiar", I say.

"You swim, too?"

"I do. I swim the breaststroke and freestyle."

"That's so cool!"

That's when he turns his attention to Haru, who was glaring at him.

"What's with that scary look?", he asks, "I just happened to end up at this school when I moved. Coincidences are scary, huh?"

...

What was even scarier is that he even showed up at our swim practice that afternoon.

"My names is Rin Matsuoka. I previously belonged to the Sano Swimming Club. I have a girly name, but I'm a boy."

And he even uses the same introduction...