109 How About Coming Along?

The two of them went over to Qiu Ling's new room, finding him at the table where he was working on some documents. A glance at the door revealed Jing Yi's figure outside in the garden, sitting next to Xiao Dong.

After the two of them had met once again in the dragon king's palace, they had rekindled their old friendship, this time not just because it was Xiao Dong's task to do so but because he genuinely wanted to know more about Jing Yi. Well, it wasn't completely possible to dismiss the fact that maybe he was also interested because this was the beloved of his King, but he did have a genuine interest in Jing Yi's life as well.

Jinde smiled when he saw them outside, feeling that it was a bit like watching a pair of children. That kind of scene really was something that he was looking forward to. Ah, he had met a couple of dragons with young children since they had come to the palace. He should probably make sure that their child would be able to make friends soon as well. Keeping an eye on other couples with young children might be a good idea.

In a good mood, he went over and sat down opposite Qiu Ling, giving him a splendid smile.

Qiu Ling glanced up, realizing that something was up from Jinde's look. He glanced at Leng Jin Yu who slowly came over as well, and then put down the brush. "Does that look like the two of you have some kind of good news to tell?" He really wasn't sure what to expect. This seemed ... odd. If they had a solution to his problem, Jinde would have rushed in and told him immediately or dragged him over to wherever the solution could be applied. So this couldn't be about that.

Jinde gave a hum and reached out to take his husband's hand, making him step a little closer. "You could say it like this. I am almost done with the task that I promised Xin Lan to help with so at the end of the week, the two of us want to go and have a look for a shell."

Qiu Ling nodded slowly. This was something that would have happened sooner or later. "That's good. I'm sure you'll be able to find a magnificent one."

Jinde looked up at his husband before turning back to Qiu Ling. "Sure we will. There's just one matter that we were wondering about."

Qiu Ling raised his brows, not quite sure what Jinde might mean. "Is there something I can help with?" He really didn't think that there was much more to prepare for having that child but if there was something he could do for them, he naturally would.

"Well, you are coming along?"

Qiu Ling stared at Jinde for a moment before he turned to look at Leng Jin Yu instead. He really hadn't expected that and he wasn't sure what to make of it either.

Leng Jin Yu pulled Jinde up from the chair and sat down himself before pulling him onto his lap, his gaze staying on Qiu Ling. "You know, you don't have to if you don't want to but we thought that — considering that this is your sibling — you might want to accompany us. Make it a trip for the whole family, you know?"

Qiu Ling stared at him for a moment before turning away and actually getting up, walking over to the door, and looking out at the courtyard.

The couple looked at his back, not sure if they should say something more. For Qiu Ling, even though he did seem to be looking forward to this, there were deeper feelings involved. Asking him this ... While he might be happy, he would also have some trouble figuring things out at first. Realizing this, they waited patiently until he finally came back, sitting down again.

"Well, where do you want to go?"

"We thought of the Qishi sea. Unless you have a better suggestion?" Jinde raised his golden brows, feeling that Qiu Ling actually might have one. Anyway, for him and Jing He, they would have to deal with the same issue one day, wouldn't they? Thus, Qiu Ling might have thought about it.

Qiu Ling shook his head with a blank look though. To him, children really hadn't been something he seriously considered. Of course, there had been a thought every now and then, that one day, he and Jing He would also create a family. But so far, they weren't even married. Children were really something that was far in the future. At the very least, they had always been to him. Thus, he hadn't paid too much attention to these things. Now, that might start to change.

In any case, this was also a good opportunity to have a close look at things and make sure that he would be able to learn so he would be prepared when Jing He was one day ready to have a child. "If you think the Qishi sea is a good place, then let's go there. Just tell me when you want to leave." He glanced over to the door to the garden, giving a hum. "Do you want to take Jing Yi along as well?"

Jinde and Leng Jin Yu exchanged a glance. If this had been the Son of Heaven, they wouldn't be hesitating but with Jing Yi and the current situation, they weren't quite sure if it would be such a good idea. In any case, this would be a lasting memory and when everything was said and done, Jing Yi would not stay forever. They didn't really want this memory to be tainted for Qiu Ling after Jing Yi left.

"Well, he's not a dragon and also pretty young so it might be a bit boring for him. But if you insist, of course, we would also take him along."

Qiu Ling looked at Jinde and gave another hum even though he was able to see straight through the fact that he had just lied. Clearly, this wasn't the reason. But it was probably good enough of a reason to tell Jing Yi. Or maybe it would be best not to try and justify these actions and just not bring up the option of him coming along at all.

"Well, it's decided then." He leaned back and looked at the two of them together, feeling that it was still a bit unbelievable. They really would be having a child soon. It was ... really odd. But then, he was also strangely looking forward to it.

A small sibling ... maybe that would be fun. And he could see if he was actually able to deal with a child. Otherwise, that plan of having a child with Jing He in the future, he might need to rethink it.