•seven• First Kisses and Rejection

•••
"I have feelings for you."
I froze.
"Wha...why me? I'm not pretty or nice or..." and then I was interrupted by his lips being pressed against mine.
He just told me he had feelings for me, then kissed me. What? This is crazy.
I kissed him back and soon it was a full make out. My first kiss. Eeek!
I pulled back slightly and he did too.
I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine, but it was so awkward.
"I, uh, erm, so what do you think about...about me?" he asked.
"I," I didn't really know what to say. At first I wanted to say yes of course! but then I thought a little more. I don't want to get my heart broken this summer. I just want this summer to be like any other summer here. I want nothing to change, I want nothing to change.
"I, I think your really nice. But I um," I saw his smile fade a little. "I think I want to get to know you more." I said.
What did I just do?
Grr.
There was kind of a long silence until I broke it.
"I'm going to, erm, I'm going to go get that coke now." I said.
"Yeah, yeah of course." he said.
I have never seen this shy, awkward side of him. I think it's kind of cute.
No no no I can't catch feelings for him, no especially not now.
I stood up and walked towards the coolers to go get a coke, even though now I wasn't even thirsty.
I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and it was Olivia.
"O-M-G!" she said.
"What?" I asked, trying to cover up that something huge didn't just happen.
"Oh c'mon, you know! I just saw you get your first kiss! With Coleeee!" said Olivia with a squeal.
"It doesn't matter Olivia." I said in kind of a sharp tone. "Sorry, it's just. I um, kinda blew it with him. He asked if I have feelings for him like he does for me and, and I said,"
"You said?" she interrupted.
"I dunno, I said I didn't. But it's whatever so."
"Why did you say that!" said Olivia really loudly. I looked behind us and saw Cole watching and listening to our conversation. Hopefully he didn't hear much, it is pretty loud out here and the sound of the waves crashing covered up some of the noise.
"Can we go soon?" I asked.
"Yeah, Cole's brother isn't coming until twelve, so I can call my mom and ask her to come pick us up." said Olivia.
"K. I don't want to offend Cole though." I said. "And I wonder where Peyton is?"
"No idea." she replied. "Let's look for her and see if she needs a ride home from my mom or if she wants to just stay till twelve and ride in Cole's car."
"K." I said.
We looked through the crowd and we soon came across her in the middle of two guys with a beer in her hand.
"Peyton! What the hell are you doing!" yelled Olivia over the loud music and people talking and laughing.
"Dancing!" she replied and giggled a little.
"Oh my god she's drunk. I can't bring her home in my moms car like this! My mom will never let me go anywhere again if she found out there was alcohol here!" said Olivia.
"Well we'll just have to leave her here and explain why we left when she's not, erm, like this." I said.
Olivia and I walked towards the quieter place that I was when I got my first kiss and she called her mom.
"K, my moms on her way." she said, turning off her phone when she was done talking.
•••
Her mom picked us up and we drove home. The car was silent, we were both tired and had headaches.
Her mom dropped me off at my house so I didn't even have to walk. I said bye and then went into my beach house.
"Your home finally" said my mom.
"Yeah." I replied. "I'm tired, I'm going to bed."
"Ok, good night sweet heart." she replied and kissed me on the forehead.
I walked into my room, slid on some pj's, and was off to sleep.
•••