•thirteen• Kendall's P.O.V. The Hospital

•••
I woke up to the sound of beeping. I could barely see.
It was quiet and then I heard someone speak and saw a blurry image of a lady standing over me.
"Do you think she can hear us?" I heard a muffled voice say. It sounded like a lady.
"I don't know. But I'm so glad she's still alive." another voice said.
"Yeah. Wow. This must be tough for her family and her, if she's even conscious." said the lady.
I squinted my eyes and tried to focus on whatever I was looking at. I still couldn't see.
I had no idea what had happened or where I was, all I knew is I wanted to see who was speaking.
I first thought maybe there was something in my eyes, so I tried to move my hand to rub my eyes.
My hand would barely move.
I squinted my eyes once again.
Then I heard more noises, still the beeping, but I heard another sound.
It was a door opening, then a boy's voice.
"Sorry, is it a bad time?" I heard the boy say. I really wanted to see who it was but I couldn't. I became frustrated trying to focus my eyes, and I was so frustrated that I screamed.
"Oh my god we need a doctor in here she screamed oh my god what's happening." I heard the lady say. I rubbed my eyes again and then I could see a little bit.
"Wha...why am I here?" I asked.
"Oh thank god." said the lady standing over me. "I thought you were dying."
She was a nurse wearing mint green, and so was the other lady that I had heard.
I looked around the room now that I could see and wondered who the boy that I had heard was.
I scanned the room until I came across a giant window over looking the hospital parking lot, and there were a bunch of flowers and balloons and cards sitting on the window sill. Next to the window I saw another figure. My eyes were still going in and out of focus. I squinted and saw the boy I had heard, it was Cole.
"Cole!" I screamed! "Cole your alive!" I was yelling and a nurse ran over to my hospital bed and tried to calm me down.
"Shhh it's ok darling we'll get you some more medicine." said the nurse leaning close to my bed making sure I didn't try to stand up.
"I don't need any medicine! I need Cole!" I said a little more calmly this time so that the nurses didn't think that I was crazy.
Cole walked closer slowly. His eyes were glossy and were shining brightly. I wondered if he was about to cry.
"Is, is it ok for me to talk to her?" he asked nervously.
"I think it will calm her down." said one of the nurses with a little chuckle. "I'll leave you two here, I need to go take care of the other patients."
Then both of the nurses left the room and it was just me and Cole. He sat down on the end of my hospital bed and smiled. I could tell it was a forced smile.
"I can't believe your alive" he said, a tear starting to roll down his left cheek. He wiped it away quickly as if he was embarrassed.
"Sorry, I uh, I don't mean to be all...sappy." he said. "I just wanted to come to say I am still here for you and I'm so sorry you were out there in that storm. I could've saved you that day Kendall, I could've saved you. Then we wouldn't be here. You would be hanging out with Olivia and Peyton right now, I would be surfing on the beach, this would be normal."
Cole looked down and I could tell he felt like this was all his fault. My vision blurred for a few seconds.
"Could you tell me how are Peyton and Olivia?" I asked.
"They're fine I think, we don't hang out that much anymore without you." he said, still looking down. He rubbed his arms as if he was cold.
"Here," I said as I lifted up the blankets in my hospital bed. I would feel peaceful if he layed here with me.
He got under the covers and layed there for a moment silently. I matched my breathing with his and tried to fall asleep. Just as he started to doze off, he asked me a question.
"Kendall?" he whispered.
"Yes?" I said quietly without even opening my eyes.
"Do you love me?"
I thought for a moment.
At first I was going to make up some excuse and say no, but the truth was, I really did love him. And last time I held my feelings back, we know what happened.
"Yes." I said. I snuggled closer into him and felt safe in his arms. "Do you love me?" I asked.
"I ran out into a deadly storm for you. I tried to save you. I cried because I couldn't. I came here to see you. Here I am. With you in my arms. Do you think I love you?" he asked still whispering.
"Yes." I said. I smiled to myself. It was starting to get dark in my hospital room, and then a nurse walked in so that she could give me my hourly medicine and check on me.
"Um sorry," she said awkwardly.
"It's ok, we weren't um," Cole said as he climbed out of my bed. I was still too weak to move except for to turn over and shift my arms and legs.
"Alright. It's getting dark, visiting hours are going to be over soon, do you need to get a ride home?" said the nurse, hinting out that Cole needed to leave.
Cole then nodded and walked over to his cell phone to call his mom.
"Wait, can um, can he stay the night?" I asked.
"He would have to sleep in a chair next to you hun, and the doors would be locked for him so he would have to stay all night." said the nurse.
"I want to stay the night. My mom will let me." said Cole, putting down his phone.
"Well alrighty," said the nurse. She then pulled out a needle.
Ugh. Medicine time.
She put on gloves and then injected the needle into my skin.
"Ouch!" I squealed.
"Sorry hunny buns." said the nurse. She patted me on the head. "Is there anything else I can do for you before I leave for the night?" she asked.
"Could you close my blinds?" I asked.
"Sure thing Hun." she said and then closed them. "Anything else?"
I thought for a second.
"Wait, where are my parents? And my other friends?" I asked her.
"Your parents were here all morning before you woke up. They left to go get a bunch of stuff to bring to the hospital. They will be back tomorrow. They didn't think that you were going to wake up until then." said the nurse.
"And my friends?" I asked.
"Two girls around your age came here earlier today too. They came in here but just saw you sleeping, so they left. But they brought you lots of flowers and balloons and cards," she said as she pointed over to the window sill where the things were sitting.
"Alright Hun anything else?" she asked.
"No, I'm okay." I said.
"Get some sleep alright. It's the best way to heal." said the nurse. I said ok and then she left.
Cole climbed back under the covers.
"Your supposed to be sleeping in a chair," I said.
"I don't care Kendall. I need to be with you. I will never let you go again." he said and then we both got very tired.
"Goodnight." he said.
"Goodnight." I replied.
His arms were around me and I felt so safe and protected. We fell asleep that way.
•••
THIS WAS REALLY LONG BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! BTW, JUST BECAUSE SHES ALIVE DOES NOT MEAN THE STORY WILL END SOON! THERE WILL BE MORE!
READ annaxfab AND maddiexm AND niallisaqt 'S BOOKS THEY ARE ALL SO GOOD!
STAY FABULOUS!