•nine• Cole's P.O.V.

I was heartbroken about what happened at the party. The truth is, I really really like Kendall. She's gorgeous, and she's independent.
I woke up and immediately thought of her. I tried to push it out of my head but it wasn't working. I decided to go to her house and talk to her, I couldn't take it anymore.
When I walked into the living room out of my bedroom the news was playing. I heard a news reporter talking about a hurricane headed right for cousin's beach later today.
Oh well, I need to talk to her I don't care.
"You need to hurry if your going out there. I do not want you out in the storm." said my mom as I went to walk out onto the beach.
"I know. I'll be quick." I said.
I left before I changed my mind about going and I walked along the beach until I came to her house.
I knocked on her door and her mom answered.
"Oh, um I was wondering if Kendall is here?" I said awkwardly.
"No she's out on the beach somewhere." her mom said. "But if you see her, please tell her to come home. There is a huge storm coming and I'm getting worried."
"I'll tell her." I said.
"Ok, you be safe too." said her mom in a worried tone.
"I will." I replied.
"Thanks" she said. "Bye now." and then she closed the door.
She must be at Peyton or Olivia's house.
I walked and came to Olivia's house first.
"Olivia." I said when she answered the door, "Where's Kendall?"
"No idea. She said she wanted to be alone, I dunno why." replied Olivia.
"She better come home soon, apparently a hurricane is coming" I said.
"I know. I'm not allowed to go out because my mom is scared I will get stuck in the storm. Please find Kendall please." pleaded Olivia.
"I will do whatever it takes." I said and I meant it. I don't care if she doesn't love me I love that girl to death.
•••
I walked and walked along the beach calling out Kendall's name. I got no answer and clouds were getting dark. Crabs were coming up from the sand. Wind was getting strong. Time was running out.
I came across the ice cream stand. Kendall told me how much she loves ice cream, maybe she's been here.
"Sir, have you seen a girl about my age with brown hair, hazel eyes, freckles?" I asked.
"She was here a while ago." said the lady at the stand. "But son I'm warning you this storm is gonna be bad as hell, so I would get inside if i were you."
"I need to find her." I replied.
"Well I saw her go that direction." said the lady, pointing left.
"I'll go there. Thank you." I said and was off before I even waited for a your welcome.
•••
I walked towards the direction the lady told me to go in. The wind was pounding on my skin and the water was rising. Huge waves were coming and the sand was being blown into my eyes. I was about to be blown over when I saw a figure fighting against the wind.
"Kendall!" I screamed louder then I've ever screamed in my life. "Kendall!"
"Cole! Fuck! Cole help pleaseee!" I heard Kendall whine.
"I fucking love you stay with me fuck Kendall please come to me we can make it together!" I screamed and heard no reply.
"Fuck!" I screamed and started balling. I couldn't see anything and the wind and water was moving so forcefully.
"Fuck Kendall!" I sobbed. "I tried so fucking hard God whyyyyy!?" I couldn't control my crying.
I was ready to die just so I could see Kendall again but then I heard a voice. It wasn't Kendall's, it was a man's voice.
Wherever I was, the man who owned the beach house that I was closest to had come out to save me.
"What are you doing boy get inside!" yelled the man.
"Noooo Kendall!" I cried.
The man ran out of his front porch, grabbed me, and took my inside his house.
Once inside, I laid down on his couch and cried. I almost fell asleep crying when the man tapped me in the shoulder.
"We need to get you cleaned up. You can't use the shower, you might be hit by lighting. So I brought some clothes. Wipe the sand off of your body and then have some coffee" said the man.
I wiped my eyes with the washcloth and then began to get the sand off of the rest of my body.
"Do you want me to make you some coffee?"asked the man.
"No." I said. I had no appetite.
"Well ok. What's your parents phone number I want to call them and tell them that you're safe inside my house until the storm ends." said the man.
I told him my home number and he called my parents.
Once he hung up, he said, "I'm Mr. Jeremy"
"Thanks for, saving me, Mr. Jeremy." I said and started to cry again.
"No problem. I've lived here on cousin's beach for years and I've never seen a storm this bad." said Mr. Jeremy.
"Yeah." I said.
Mr. Jeremy then brought me a cold pack to put on my head for my headache.
"You'll feel better soon. Why were you out there anyways?" he asked.
"I, um" I started to cry even harder.
"There, there. It's ok. just try to take a deep breathe and speak." he said.
I breathed and then said, "There um, there is a girl I like, I like her a lot. I think she just drowned."
"Oh my god what was her name!" he asked.
"Kendall. She lived on this beach." I said.
"I knew Kendall! I need to call her parents and tell them right away! You stay here and rest. I'll take care of it." he said.
I laid my head back down and cried until I fell asleep on Mr. Jeremy's couch. The sound of the wind and rain and thunder helped me sleep after being so traumatized.
•••