N i n e

~ L e v i ~

"You?!" That car girl and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Wait, wait, you guys know each other?" Joshua looked at us with newfound curiosity.

"Uh yeah, I had given a ride to her. Just now," I informed him.

The girl whose name I learned was Elsa nodding, "Yeah, Joshua."

"Why is she here?" I whispered to him.

"Oh that," He grinned at me, "she's our new chef."

"Our new what?!"

He put his hand on my shoulder, "What happened? Why are you reacting like this?"

"Joshua, don't you think she's a little young to be a chef?"

"So what? Why does her age matter as long as we get normal food?"

"But -"

"Um, is everything okay?" Elsa asked in uncertainty.

Joshua turned towards her, "Yes, everything's good, and you can come inside to take a look at the kitchen."

She obliged and walked inside.

He talked again when she wasn't in our sight anymore, "Food is our priority, and she is willing to help us, so what's the issue then?"

I sighed, "Nothing, I just wasn't expecting it. She's got her own car, so why would she do a job like this?"

He only shrugged.

"How much are we paying her?" I asked.

"That's for you to decide. After all, you're the eldest one," He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Thank God you remember that I'm the eldest because you were already taking matter into your own hands."

"Oh c'mon Levi, you know that I did a great help, so thank me."

I started to walk towards my room, "Anyway, I'm going to -" I was then cut off by Asher's voice.

"Guys, there's a girl in our kitchen!"

*
.

*

"So Sofia, where are you from?" Asher enquired, lavishly biting into the delicious spaghetti.

"Uhm, it's Elsa," She awkwardly said before occupying the vacant dining chair beside Dennis, "and I'm from Millerton."

He nodded, "Hmm... how do you know Joshua?"

Her eyes widened for a second, "That I -"

Joshua interrupted her, "We ran into each other once, talked for some time, and that's how she came to know about our issue and all."

Asher smirked, "So you guys dating?"

"What the fuck Asher!" Joshua disapproved while we laughed.

"Language," Elsa said making us dead silent.

I was sure that all of us remembered Hannah and we didn't need to say it aloud to confirm it.

"I'm sorry," She apologised, "It just reminded me of my home."

Dennis poured a glass of water and gave it to her, "It's okay."

"Thank you," She muttered drinking the water.

Suddenly the air became thick and awkward.

"I should say that the food is really delectable," Seth broke the quietness and appreciated her.

Joshua rolled his eyes, "You could've said that the food was 'tasty' or 'delicious' like a normal human."

Asher laughed, "Exactly and you can use your scrumpflacious vocabulary in your workplace."

Seth drew his eyebrows together expressing puzzlement, "There is no word such as scrumpflacious."

Asher grinned sheepishly, "There isn't?"

Seth just shook his head and continued eating.

"So what do guys do? I mean, like a job?" Elsa asked.

"Levi ain't talking at all," Joshua said, "so I think he should do the honours and answer the question."

I rolled my eyes, "Fine."

"I work as a car mechanic and you already know that," I said in a bored tone.

"How?" Asher asked suppressing a grin and I gave him a look, making him shut up.

I continued, "Seth works as an assistant editor at the local newspaper office, Asher is a waiter and singer at the Hideout café, Dennis sells his paintings there and Joshua used to work at our sewing store." I finished with a sickly sweet smile.

Elsa didn't question about why I had said 'used to' for Joshua and I concluded that she knew the answer.