Story Of The Lycaons.

The amount of Romans that want to return to the homes they built on tribal lands, is becoming increasingly frustrating. They did try and push back, but the Strix took them out, they continued until the Romans retreated again. The Romans again didn't know what they were fighting, the Strix were fast, they were agile, they were and are the strongest creatures the planet has ever known, besides another creature that the Greeks hunted to almost extinction.

Though the Greeks kept the secret of the existence of the other supernatural creatures as they knew they'd be needed one day. The Greeks went after the other creature as they killed their kin, of course they were ruled by another line of gods that not many people have a direct connection to. The other creatures went into hiding in parts of the earth that no humans have dared trek to. While in hiding they began creating new generations and await the call of their gods when needed for help. The Greeks called them the Lycaon. The god Zeus turned Pelasgus' son Lycaon and his boys into wolves for serving him the body of a boy. This angered Zeus very much, he thought their punishment was fitting, since they dared to belittle him. The Greeks never dared anger a god again. Lycaon and his sons became servants of the moon, passing their strife through their generational bloodlines.

The southern tribes knew of these stories, they mostly never angered their gods, they had heard the stories of how the gods could send creatures to devour them. These stories frightened the tribespeople, some often dismissed them as legend as they hadn't seen such creatures. Those that were given special visions into the truths of the stories, they did try and make their people believe, but alas they didn't believe what they could not see with their own eyes. Akashia and a few others were given glimpses of the creatures and some glimpses of the future, sometimes present futures and sometimes thousands of years ahead.

Akashia had heard that her father wanted to see her, he began to believe what she was telling them of the wars and how she had insight. Akashia asked Fabia to accompany her to see her father, Bodiccius was waiting in the family shelter on her, her mother Ethne whom she hasn't seen for many seasons. Akashia and Fabia reached the family land, Ethne greeted them at the edge of the land.

Ethne welcomed both of the girls inside, Bodiccius was by the fire, he was sipping wine from a cage cup, it was from the spoils of his last battle. Bodiccius stands and holds his arms out and calls forth

Akashia and Fabia, he says, "come dear daughters, it seems you were right. I should have listened to you. I will welcome you both back as wives once we see the savages sent back from whence they came."

Akashia and Fabia were surprised by her fathers words, he now sees Fabia as a part of the family. Fabia's family won't have any issues since Bodiccius was the leader of the tribe, her family can't argue with his decision. Akashia was to still live on the outskirts of the village until the entire saga ends. Akashia is now happy, the couple find soft bedding on the trek home and made love, they celebrated their love and her fathers words. Akashia did feel guilty about all the bloodshed, but she knew it had to happen. The gods told her this is her compassion and it's a gift, to hold onto it. Fabia never got to visit with her family when she returned to the village, she was a little sad about this, but Bodiccius would need to inform them of his decision.

The Romans were still baffled by what was pushing them back. The Greeks now know, they will soon look forward to being liberated, the Greeks have had generation upon generations of Romans for almost two centuries, the Greeks hated the Romans. Helliganus the first spoke with the gods and they agreed to unleash their secret weapon once the Roman population diminishes more, the difference between the Strix and the Lycaon's is that they're mortal and they're only strong during a full moon, which is why their population decreased when they were being hunted.

Helliganus the first asked the gods why they didn't use them when the Romans first landed on their shores? They told him that due to their decline in numbers and the fact they were mortal, they could easily be killed by humans and their weapons. The gods told Helliganus that they held back the Lycaons due to the fact the Greeks caused terrible tragedy between their own people for centuries, the Greeks didn't deserve the gods help at that point in time. They also told him that the population grew over the generations, there's now greater numbers and with the decline of Roman soldiers, they're willing to let them loose once the time is right. Helliganus is thrilled, he is excited that the Greeks will get their customs back, their freedoms to rule their islands their own way.

The Romans began descending on the Greek islands as a place of safety, they still didn't know what was killing their people. Helliganus was disgusted at this, he begged the gods to send the Lycaons. The gods told him once the Strix complete their mission diminishing the Roman population, which was happening rapidly, soon there was not many left outside the borders of Latin Italia. They had escaped to islands and on the former Greek territories. The Strix followed many and killed them, the Roman population was declining, many begged to be returned to their old lives. They did return, their families unenthusiastically accepted them back, they needed to make sure they were no longer aligned to the Roman ideology.

The families and tribespeople were apprehensive in believing that they weren't totally still attached to the Romans. They were very untrusting and rightfully so. These former Romans were trying to discover what was killing the people they'd lived with for many years, the people they gallantly fought beside for years, they seen them as a brotherhood. The tribes had heard it was the work of the Strix of course they never told this to their returned loved ones.

The Strix made it onto islands where many Romans fled to, killing all fighting aged men and boys. There was soon just women on each island. The women were more interested in a clean slate, they just wanted a place of shelter for their remaining children. The Strix were highly intelligent and they could decipher from good and bad people. The Strix allowed these women to live their lives as long as they don't contact any Roman male for the rest of their lives nor tell anyone about them and if they do, they must move to Latin Italia to be with them.