FIVE

SYNOPSIS — The one where Camilo has a terrible dream and just has to see his love

SYNOPSIS — The one where Camilo has a terrible dream and just has to see his love. <3 ANGST! + FLUFF!

- - -

"C'mon, Camilo!"

He laughs at you, shapeshifting into some burly dude and sweeps you off your feet, running even faster than before. You laugh along with him, arms wrapping around his neck as you both stared ahead, preparing to reach your destination.

Finally, Camilo slowed to a stop and gently set you down, shapeshifting back into himself and opting to intertwine your fingers. The duo of you were looking out onto the river, green plants and trees surrounding yourselves as butterflies flew in groups, swiveling and turning, seemingly going nowhere and everywhere at once.

You smiled at him once more before pulling him towards the river edge. "Let's play with the water!!" He wasn't allowed an answer before water was splashed on him. He deadpanned at you as you pretended to look around, arms folded behind your back. "Hmm, where did that water come from?"

He grinned mischievously and shapeshifted into the burly man from before, splashing what seemed like a gallon of water onto you, completely drenching you and your clothes, then shifting back. "CAMILOOO THAT'S NOT FAIR," You complained, smiling nonetheless and splashing him back. Soon enough, the two of you were in thigh-deep waters, joking around and having fun.

As you prepared for a big splash, Camilo anticipated the amount and jokingly pushed you, the two of you laughing the entire time; before you slipped.

You fell backwards with a force so strong, almost as strong as a pressurized water reactor. You didn't even realize you died already.

Camilo laughs, "Get up!" ... In the split moment that you didn't, he slowly but surely begins to panic. "Uh, [Name]?" He reaches in the water to grab your arm, and realizes he finds nothing where your body was supposed to be. And finally, he's full on distressed. "[Name]!? [NAME]!?" He dunks his head underwater, trying to get a glimpse of you to hoist you out of the river, only to find nobody there.

Several moments go by before he climbs out of the water and sits by the edge, looking down at his hands. The once comforting butterflies are now menacing, fading from their beautiful gold to a pitch black, flying around him, as if trying to communicate. "We'll punish you." Is what they were saying. He cries.

Then, he wakes up.

He practically bends his upper half with how fast he jumps out of bed, pacing around looking for his shoes. Trying to calm his speeding heart, he placed and hand on his chest, taking deep breaths that don't work. "Was that all a dream?" He thinks to himself. "..or did someone find me and bring me home?"

He finds what he's looking for and sprints out of his room, Casita helping him out as the stairs turn into a slide and the door quietly creeks open, and he bursts through, running down the hill that hid home sat on.

Running through Encanto, he'd lucky nobody is out of their houses to ask him "¿Qué pasó?", because he wouldn't even look their way.

Finally he reaches your house and he runs over to the back, knocking on the first window. "Please, please." He mumbles to himself as he's frantically knocking on your window.

You snap out of your peaceful slumber to hear the knocking on your window abruptly stop. "Ugh, what's he doing here so.. early in the morning?" You slowly climb out of bed and into your house shoes, opening your draped and your window to find your beloved facing you, sobbing?? "Ay dios mío, Cam, what's wrong?" Your face immediately contorts into worry as you reach out for his hand and usher him inside.

Grabbing both his hands, you sit him on your bed, patiently waiting for him to tell you what's wrong. It physically pains you to see him like this. When he's ready to talk he only has a few tears streaming down his cheeks, "I had the most terrible dream," he looks down and you wait for him to continue. "..you died."

Your eyes widen in shock. Your heart breaks as you imagine how you'd feel if something happened to him. You engulf him in a hug and you immediately reciprocates; you hear him sigh. "I'm so sorry you had to endure an experience like that," you pull back and cup his face, "I'm not going anywhere, okay?"

"..okay." you kiss his cheek, hands falling back to your sides.

"Hey, [Name]?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I... Stay the rest of the night?"

Pushing a curl behind his ear, you smile warmly, admiring him. "Mhm."

- - -

Author's Note: HI GUYS THANK YOU TO Hailfeathero9  FOR SUGGESTINGGG LOVED WRITING THIS

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYBODY

- - -

31/12/2021

UNEDITED WHEN HAVE I EVER EDITED MY ONESHOTS 😍🙏🏾