TEN

SYNOPSIS — The one where Camilo wants to watch the stars with his fr-enemy

SYNOPSIS — The one where Camilo wants to watch the stars with his fr-enemy. <3 HATERS TO LOVERS! FLUFF!

This oneshot uses she/her pronouns as per request, but feel free to change them to your preference! It won't change the story :)

- - -

Bang!

... You jump, startled from the sudden noise.

Bang!

...?? You tried to ignore the sound, turning to face your wall, halting the [art piece/draft/whatever you like to do] you were currently working at on your desk.

Bang! Bang!

You sprung up from your seat, completely and utterly exhausted as well as irritated. Who has the nerve to disturb you at..

You check your clock, the numberd reading two am. AT TWO AM!?

Throwing the blanket off your body, you angrily stomped to your candle and held it, walking towards the window.

Meanwhile, Camilo grinned, seeing the dull light of that candle (that he knew all too well) become brighter.  Finally, he threw a rock once more to get your attention to your window. He adjusted the blanket in his arms as he watched: your drapes were slid open and window was pushed out with such vigor, they banged on the house. You were angry.

"What the heck is your problem!? What do you want from me!?" You waved your hands in big gestures to make your point, still thoroughly pissed.

"¡Buenas días, ojos de ángel!" He teased you, waving at you. You deadpanned at the curly haired boy (who currently has his hair up) before retorting. "MORE LIKE BUENOS NOCHES? What do you want!?" You yelled, pointing at him accusingly.

"I was just gonna see if you were asleep or not! I wanted to ask you something."

"WELL, I was asleep and you did wake me up." You crossed your arms.

"No I didn't! I clearly saw your candle on when I came over." He sassily crossed his arm in return.

"Who cares!? If all you wanted to do was bother me, you should've waited till daytime. Goodnight, Camilo." You began to close your window before he called out to you. "Wait!" You halt your actions.

"Look, I didn't mean to bother you, [Name]. I was gonna ask if you wanted to watch the stars with me?"

You blinked down at him. That was unexpected. Moments passed as you mulled over the proposal in your head, already knowing your answer.  "...okay." you blew out your candle and walked back into your room to slip on your sandals, later regretting your former decision. You bumped into your bedframe and cursed, barely hearing Camilo's laughter from below.

You climbed out of your window and got ready to hop down. Camilo nodded at you, signifying it was safe, and you jumped. "Ah!" You let out a small yelp as you landed on your feet, your ankles suffering the consequences. "Ouch." You walked towards him and wobbled; Camilo met you halfway and held onto you, one hand on your back keeping you steady. "You good?"

You looked into his eyes and nodded, walking from his grasp. "Yeah.. Let's go."

The walk towards the clearing was quiet, neither of you bothering to make small talk, knowing it would turn into banter; and also because it was very late, and your brains were mush at this point. It was only the crunch of grass and leaves that broke the silent barrier.

Eventually though, you made it to Camilo's desired spot. Going to sit down, Camilo stopped you, grabbing your hand. "Hold on, I have a blanket!" He unraveled it from his arm, grabbing two ends and laying it out flat onto the ground. "..thanks." That word felt weird coming out of your mouth in regards to him. You were so used to insulting and quarreling that whenever one of you were genuine, it made the other feel weird.

Neither of you have acknowledged it yet, but there would be certain moments that one thing the other person said was out of place, and oddly welcomed. It introduced a new feeling, one that was not hatered or exasperation, but a warm feeling. It was giddy and left you feeling bemused.

Camilo sat down with you and the two of you looked up, simultaneously letting out an excited "Woaaah!". He flopped onto his back, and you followed suit; the farther back, the better the view.

Just as expected, the stars were beautiful, and you were so glad you'd agreed to coming along with him. Once more, no words were exchanged as the duo of you looked out onto the darkened sky, thoroughly appreciating the vastness and extravagance of space. "It's so pretty." You spoke, breaking the silence.

"Yeah." He replied. Time idled by before he turned his head and looked at you.

You once told him that you thought your side profile was ugly, and he never told you this, but he wholly disagreed. Everything about you was enthralling in his eyes. "[Name]?"

"Hm?" You didn't look at him.

"I know we're always arguing and stuff, and people think that we could never get along.. but.." he paused as you turn your whole body towards him, lying on your side. Your captivating stare gave him the jitters as he attempted to finish his sentence, "I think you're really.. ugh," he places his hands on his face, covering the heat rushing to his cheeks, quickly resuming before you get the wrong idea. "Can I just.. can I kiss you?" He peaks through his hands and looks at you, waiting for an answer.

You barely comprehend. It's like you're one of those computers from the nineties, your brain totally gives out on you as you feel your face get hot. "Y-yeah." You look down to avoid eye contact then look back up, leaning in and pecking his lips before he can react.

Smiling at the butterflies going crazy in your stomach, you both lean in and let your lips meet a second time before pulling apart.

Looking at the stars again, no more words are spoken, and nothing is changed.

Well, except for the intertwined hands.

- - -

Author's Note: THANK YOU zoeywitha_y FOR REQUESTING !! BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THE BEST IDEAS

also can I just say ITS SO CUTE WHEN I SEE PEOPLE VOTING FOR MY CHAPTERS IN A ROW AND COMMENTING LIKE I JUST KNOW YOU'VE BEEN BINGING CAMILO FICS 😭😭😭🙏🏾 FELT ALL THE WAY EXCEPT I BE READING ISABELA ONESHOTS 🗣️ AHAHAHA

also wattpad stop putting my chapters out of order CHALLENGE 🤬🤬🤬 SERIOUSLY WHATS THE ISSUE????

ANYWAY I HOPE EVRYONE HAS A BUENO DÍA 😱😱😱💱🏳️‍🌈💯🗣️🙏🏾

- - -

03/01/2021

EDITED FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE