XIV

Phil's PoV

"Phil..." A soothing, familiar voice spoke into my ear. I fluttered my eyes open weakly. A white tiled ceiling greeted my vision. I turned to face Dan and Jamie and I smiled. "Hey," he greeted, chuckling. "How do you feel?"

"Like I jumped out of a moving car," I said, making the two snicker. I smiled at my accomplished task and closed my eyes, trying to remember everything that happened before I hit the cement. I remember Dan telling me about his uncle. I remember Charity rushing to the door to tell us that Ed was after...

"Phil?" Jamie asked. "What's wrong?" I realized I was crying and I wiped my eyes. I was afraid of what would happen when I asked this next question. I didn't want to see Dan sad.

"Dan," I began, "what happened to your dad?" His smiled quickly faded and a tear instantly rolled down his cheek. His head went down and Jamie looked at me.

"He died, Phil." Dan continued to sob and I covered my mouth. Did that mean Dan was an orphan? Where was his mum? Was he going to move across England and live with her? Was she gone as well? Before I registered what happened, Dan threw his arms lazily around my neck and all I could do was hug him back. That's when I realized my arm was in a bright blue cast.

"Ouch," I said. "When did that get there?" Dan let go of my neck and looked at my cast.

"Oh. They needed to put your arm in a cast because you broke it." He smiled. "I picked out the color." I smiled back. "Blue... like you're eyes."

"Thanks! I like it a lot." I looked up at him and realized he was staring into my eyes. My smile grew even wider. Then I remembered the movie and how Dan wanted to tell me something. "Dan," I began. "What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

He blushed and looked at Jamie. "Leave now." She put her hands up in surrender and laughed, walking out of the room.

"Don't shoot me if I walk back in!" she sang out.

"Fuck off!" Dan joked. She giggled and sprinted towards the waiting room. When she left he looked back at me. "We're friends right?" I nodded. "Don't," he took a breath and continued, "judge me."

I shook my head. "Why would I judge you?" I asked him.

"Phil, I love you." I looked up.

"You... you wha-"

"I said," he leaned foward on his chair, "I... love... you..."

I was so happy. But then I thought. "In what kind of way?"

And there was magic suddenly flew across the room as our lips touched softly together. My eyes widened in shock. It was the best five seconds of my entire life. He quickly pulled away, red faced. I was so shocked I couldn't speak. Just like that first day. His eyes welled up with tears and he ran out of the room. "Dan!" I called. He kept running and I began to cry. I burried my face in my hands. "No..."