XX

Dan's PoV

I began to cry. Not Jamie. Phil was gone. Dad was dead. Why Jamie?

That man. He was five or so years older than me. He looked so scared. "Don't take another step." His words echoed through my head. Then he shot me. But his eyes were full of guilt and his words were shaky. I knew he regretted it. I knew. I know. I hung my head and began to cry again. I wanted Phil to come and hug me.

The moment I thought that, the doors opened and I covered my mouth. Phil smiled at me. "Oh my God!" I exclaimed. "I thought I lost you forever!" He limped over and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't worry, you didn't." I smiled a this words and held him tighter. "Where's Jamie?" he asked. I gulped.

"She's..." I took a shaky breath. "Phil, she's in a coma."

"W-what?" His words were shaky and scared. His eyes filled with tears. I held him tighter.

"We just have to hope it will be okay." He nodded into my shoulder and I felt his tears slide into my shirt. The door suddenly opened to reveal a bed with a smiling patient. I smiled back. "It's okay."

>•<

Jamie's PoV

Everything was black.
I took a breath.
It echoed through the darkness. I took a step into the darkness. It echoed.
I took another step.
It echoed through the darkness. "Hello?" I asked.
My voice rippled through the nothingness.
"Am I dead?" I thought aloud. My voice echoed through the darkness.
I saw a light.
"This is the end."
I walked in.

Nurses buzzed around me. "Are you okay?" Colline asked. I nodded. "She's okay!" She squealed. My cart was picking up speed. They wheeled me down a hall. My vision regained focus. I saw the doors open to reveal them sitting there. I smiled.

>•<

Phil's PoV

What does he mean she's in a coma? "W-what?" I laid my head on Dan's shoulder and began to cry. He hugged me tighter.

"We just have to hope it will be okay," he told me. I nodded and pressed my face tighter into his shoulder. His shirt sleeve grew damp with my tears. I heard the door click open but I just ignored it. Dan's voice broke my sorrow. "It's okay." I looked up to see a hospital bed with a smiling Jamie in it in the door way.

"Jamie!" I shouted. I ran over and threw my arms around her. "Oh my God you're okay!"