XVI

Jamie's PoV

The following day, we left the hospital. Dan's aunt from his mom's side came to stay and watch him so he can stay in his house. Phil, Dan, and I unlocked the door to Dan's house. "Hello, kids!" Dan's aunt called from the kitchen.

"Hi, Aunt Gladys!" Dan called. Dan and Phil were dating and Gladys (as she told me to call her) approved. A lot. They walked in holding hands and I just kept giggling.

"By the way!" Gladys called. "Charity will be here any second!" Dan froze in his tracks, still clinging to Phil's hand.

"Shhhhhit!" he exclaimed. "I forgot about-" the door opened and Charity stepped in. "Charity..." he said awkwardly as she stared at him in disbelief.

"You're kidding me," she said. "This is a freaking joke. Good one Dan!" She laughed but he just stood there, still holding his boyfriend's hand. She stopped and looked at him. "You... you're serious?" He nodded and she frowned angrily. Suddenly, her hand was in the air and she slapped Dan in the face.

"Owwww..." he moaned.

"I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!" she shouted. Gladys ran in and shouted.

"I told you I was taking a break!" he said.

"YOU WERE! I WASN'T!"

"What so my choices offend you?"

"YES!"

"Guys," Phil piped up. "I think you need to just calm-"

"And you!" Charity shouted. She brought her other hand up and slapped him.

"Ouch!"

"You knew I loved him. Why did you do this?!" Dan stood up and she angrily kicked him in between the legs. I gasped as he collapsed.

"You're insane!" I shouted at her. She looked at me, hissed like a demon cat, and walked out to her car.

"Oh, oh my!" Gladys exclaimed.

"I'm fine," Dan groaned in pain. "A-ha-haooww..." Phil looked at him, still red faced, and sat down next to him. He wrapped his good arm around Dan's shoulder and said, "Love you."

Dan stopped shaking and smiled. "Love you, too."

"I'll go get some ice," Gladys called.