Chapter 9

No one's POV

Azur Lane Base

It was a very nice day out, however, most ships were getting ready to move out for the impending battle ahead of them. But then, a figure was seen running towards Wales and the Queen.

Belfast: WALES! YOUR MAJESTY!

Wales: What's the matter Belfast?! What happened?

Belfast: We need Illinois. now.

Timeskip

Illinois: So, you called?

Belfast: Illinois. Do you know a girl by the name of Kentucky?

Illinois: *eyes wide and drops whiskey* Kentucky you said? Where are they?!

Wales: Whoa there Illinois. Why are you so concerned?

Illinois: Because... she's my sister, the rejected one... BB-66.

QE: Well what are we going to do about her? She nearly killed Helena.

Illinois: What?

Belfast: She stabbed Helena in the chest, and stated her name. She also said...

Illinois: Said what?

Belfast: *sigh* In her words, "Before the fight begins, he must face me and win, if he loses, he will never see the sea again."

Illinois: ... I'm leaving. *walks towards door*

Wales: ILLINOIS! You cannot actually be thinking to face her. Alone at that!

Illinois: I am and I will. If I win I'll meet you guys at the battle, just send me the coordinates.

Belfast: And if you lose?

Illinois: *sighs, stops* ...If I lose, tell Hood that I loved her. *leaves*

Belfast: Illinois....

Timeskip

Illinois' POV

Somewhere in the Pacific

Where is she, where is she, where is SHE! Why, why does she want to fight, why... why sister Ken... why... Kenny...

???: So you decided to show up.

I looked over... and saw her. She looked darker, more evil-like. She honestly scared me...

Illinois: Why Kentucky, why are you like this?

Kentucky: Because I was offered a second chance, a chance to be free. The sirens made me stronger, faster, and better than you'll ever be.

Illinois: Sister...

Kentucky: STOP! You have lost the right to call me SISTER! You and our older siblings, got to live free, while I'm stuck in dry dock, waiting to be scrapped. 

Illinois: You... you don't know anything. YOU THINK I WANTED TO BE ALIVE?! HELL NO, I WAS PERFECTLY FINE BEING LONELY. BEING WITH YOU. 

Kentucky: *sigh* There is no point in fighting something that is in the past. The only fight is between you, and. me. *draws sword*

Illinois: Fine by me, Kentucky. *draws sword*

We stood still for a moment, it was like everything stopped. The waves were still and the clouds were unmoving. I didn't want to fight her, but it seems she has something to pick with me. All this time, I just wanted to be like her... But here I am wishing she was like me.