Chapter 7

???

No one's POV

The entire fleet is surrounded by ice, ship girls being treated for their wounds, and snow falling down onto them. Everyone is confused, no one knows where they are or what to do... cracks appear in the sky, showing where they once were. A lone figure stands on the water looking into the sky...

Belfast: Illinois.... why?

As Laffey and Javelin confront Ayanami, we see our main protagonist... in a different world?

Dream world

Illinois' POV

What... is this place? Who are those to little girls? They seem so... happy. What is this world we are supposed to live in? A constant fight between life and death. The constant waiting till we die. Is it even worth living? I've lived far too short in my old world... but even when I'm givin this new life, new opportunity? It doesn't feel right...

???: It appears they're still lost in their own thoughts... they go everywhere together, but when they cry, they cry alone... they're so clumsy, both of them. They remind me of you.

Illinois: Oh? Really? I'm sorry ma'am but have we met before?

???: *shakes head* We have not although, we were both born with the memories of warships. A sea of countless emotions, buried deep within, beyond the boundaries of time. Therefore you carry the prayers for humanity. Please, do not forget that...

Illinois: I... I could never forget that... never...

???: Hm, it seems though you want to forget that?

Illinois: ...the memories, my friends dying, my sisters heartbroken... I just want to forget about it...

???: Are you sure? Do you want to forget about the memories? Or the pain?

Illinois: *eyes wide* I...

Dream world ends

Timeskip...sorry...

Icy waters

No one's POV

As everyone prepares to battle, we see Wales talking with Hornet, Helena, and Cleveland... along with an injured Enterprise.

Cleveland: It seems like we have to do this...

Wales: It seems so.

Enterprise: ... I still don't know why... Illinois did this?

Hornet: Hmpf... probably best if we don't know.

Enterprise: Hey... Hornet what's wrong?

Hornet: What's wrong? You almost died sis. DIED. I would've lost you... but Illinois... saved you..

Enterprise: ... I-

smol timeskip sponsored by Said Rhadow Legends...

As the battle ensues... Zuikaku is seen racing across the water, dodging each shell splash and bomb drop, until...

Zuikaku: *looks up* It's you, Illinois..

But Illinois... is different... his eyes were seen glowing gold, shining beneath the sun. Then, hundreds of 16 inch shells are seen flying over him, right towards Zuikaku. As she tries to dodge, two 5 inch shells stray right towards her, but Shokaku saves her... hopefully. As more ice falls into the icy sea below, Illinois' point of view is way different.

He sees the leftovers of a hard-fought battle, bodies littered the ground, Siren ships were advancing towards him. In his point of view? He pointed his glowing sword right at them and his shells destroyed the ships. But the world he sees slowly starts to fade, and the next thing he knows? He sees Ayanami falling towards the water... all because of him.

Illinois: Wait!...

Luckily, Javelin, Laffey, and Belfast save her. 

However, Illinois suddenly falls to the ground, on his hands and knees. His eyes were scrunched and he looked to be in pain.

Illinois: AGH!

Iowa: Happy birthday little brother!! 

Illinois: HNNGH-

Essex: So team leader, what are we doing today?

Illinois: RAGHHHH-!

Missouri: Keep firing lil bro!

Illinois: NOOOOOO!

Helena: I lo-love you... h-honey...

Illinois: RAHHHHH-!

Suddenly a golden arrow flies into his shoulder, ultimately putting him down. Enterprise is seen a good distance away from him, tears going down her face. 

Enterprise: ...Illinois....

What have you been through?