Chapter 1

Previously...

As Illinois was sucked into the portal, he lost consciousness and was teleported into the middle of the ocean. But unknown to him, he was detected by others...

???: Wales! An unknown anomaly has popped up east of our base!

Present Time

Unknown Location, 1945

Illinois POV

Agh, what happened? why does my head hurt so much? *remembers being sucked into the portal* Oh no! where am I?! What do I do?!

Illinois: Hello!? Anyone!? Sisters!? *sigh*

Wait...*looks down* What...why am I HUMAN!?! I was a ship, sure I had a soul but even this is weird, at least I'm on my ship... Man what was in that apple juice? 

Illinois: How do I move... *thinks about sailing with his sisters* *ship moves* Woah, that's crazy! so this means... *thinks about guns moving* *guns move* Yooooooo this is SICK! *beeping comes from bridge* Huh?

Hmm looks like 3 red dots heading towards a base West of where I am... and they seem to be moving at a steady pace. I wonder if I should help the ba-

???: THIS IS PRINCE OF WALES FROM THE AZUR LANE BASE, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK BY THE SAKURA EMPIRE! WE NEED HELP ASAP! I REPEAT, WE NEED HELP NOW!

Well, looks like that answered my question. Anyways, all engines ahead flank, overload the boilers if you have to. *ship starts to speed up to it's max speed of 33 knots* 

Just hold on Azur Lane... USS Illinois is underway.

Azur Lane

No one's POV

The battle was getting intense, Azur Lane ships were being damaged left and right while siren planes were being shot down. However, Akagi and Kaga of the Sakura Empire showed up, and had to make everything a bit harder...(A/N: I skipped a bit cause I'm a fuckin lazy author. This scene will basically stay the same, so anything I missed stayed the same.)

Akagi/Kaga: Behold and tremble.

Soon the air was filled with red and blue planes. Everyone tried to gun down as many as possible, but it was beginning to be too much. However, as some planes fly over Cleveland, a squadron of Supermarine Spitfires flew over her and shot them down.

Cleveland: Interceptors! That means-!

Unicorn was seen holding her plush toy, U-chan and had her rigging on.

Unicorn: Don't mess with my friends!

After she said that, U-chan glowed and a bright flash occurred. As it disappeared, Unicorn was seen riding a bigger version of U-chan, and soon she sent out more spitfires to aid in the fight.

Kaga: Hmmm, by the looks of her and her size, she must be a carrier. No matter... a prey is a prey..

Soon, Kaga's white kitsune mask lit up in blue flames. Her ship lit up and after a bright flash a giant nine tailed fox was seen. It had flight decks on it's back, and then it roared loudly. Soon it started launching attacks, Unicorn being the main target. Javelin tried to go help her but was cut off by a torpedo heading towards her.

Laffey: Watch out-!

Laffey then pushed Javelin out of the way, and took the hit for her.