Prologue

Philadelphia Naval Shipyard

No one's POV

The war has ended, the Allies have won against the Axis. Though many lives were lost, they have won, but not without learning a few things. For example, carriers are much more suitable for war on sea than battleships, and with Essex class carriers rolling off the production line every so often, it seems that battleships will slowly be put down. Most will be decommissioned and scraped, while some will just sit in mothball. However, the United States last battleships, the Iowa class, were kept still in commission...and another will soon join the four.

USS Illinois BB-65, the 5th Iowa class to be completed. Launched in early 1945 and shakedown a month before the surrender of Japan, she was the newest of the class, and the more modernized ship. Though construction was slowed, as the United States wanted to focus on building carriers, she was completed. However the 6th ship of the class, Kentucky, was sadly never finished, and sold for scrapping. So, Illinois was sent out to meet the other Iowa's in the Virginia Cape, and oh boy was it a sight to see.

Virginia Cape, 1945

USS Iowa Crew POV

???1: How much longer must we wait?

???2: I do not know.. Hey Captain, how much longer is the other ship going to take?

Captain: I overheard from Jersey that they are 15 minutes out, and that we should be in formation.

???2: Alright, I'll send a message throughout the ship to get ready.

Captain: Perfect.

Timeskip 10 minutes

No one's POV

All four Iowa's sailed in the Cape in formation, at a steady 15 knots, waiting for their unknown sister ship to join them.

(A/N: The closest ship to the camera is Iowa, then Wisconsin, then Missouri, and the farthest one out is New Jersey. as a note, Illinois will be the next farthest out instead of Jersey, just added to the end basically, if that makes sense..)

USS Illinois POV

Finally, I made it to the meeting spot, though I am nervous if my sisters will accept me as I'm... different. I'm different as my ship soul is a male, not a female. My captain even calls me a 'He' and not a 'She'. (A/N: I know this is highly unlikely in the real world but this is a fanfic...deal with it.) Well, I can see my sisters up ahead, let's see how how this goes...

Illinois: Hey, how are you guys?

???1: OH hello there, are you the new ship we are supposed to meet up with?