Ch 1

I sighed and looked around the apartment. It was quite small, but big enough for me. The floors were mostly carpet accept for the kitchen, and the only furniture was a couch and a coffee table, both old looking in contrast to the kitchen. I felt a vibration from my pocket and dug out my phone.

Why don't you come visit us?

I grumbled and rolled my eyes. I literally just got done unpacking. Can't this wait?

No, you will be here for dinner tonight.

We will see.

I slid my phone back into my pocket and ignored the constant buzzing from my mother spamming me. I slicked back my hair and continued arranging my belongings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, everything's changed so much here. I wonder if anyone will even remember me. I guess being a complete stranger is better than being a refugee. I guess starting over wont be such a bad thi-

My thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a woman barreling towards me. I tried to dodge her but she ended up clashing with me, sending us both onto the concreate sidewalk.

"Hey! watch where your-" I paused. She's positioned on top of me, a shocked expression on her face.

"I-I'm sorry. I've been really late the last few days and well" She trailed off and got off of me, helping me up. "I'm Sara, but most people just call me Sav." She offered her hand and a small smile. Why does that smile seem oddly familiar?

"I'm Casey. Some people call me Cas. Are you new here?"

Sav tilted her head thoughtfully. "I mean, I guess you could say that. This is my first semester here."

I nodded. "Same here, I used to live around this area but then I moved back."

"What made you come back here?" My breath hitched slightly, memories flooding my mind. I guess Sav could tell, because she changed the subject. "Well, if we ever get to meet up again id like you to show me around.

I nodded. She got up, picking up her stuff, before flashing me another smile and hurrying off.

Why does that woman look so familiar to me? Has she lived here before? But I don't remember meeting her before I moved.

I shook off the thought and headed off to class.

--------------------------------------------

I sighed and got together the rest of my things. I stood up out of the desk and walked out with everyone else. Walking to my car, I saw a familiar face. "Sav!" I called out. "Funny running into you again."

She turned when she saw me and offered a smile. "Nice to see you too. How'd class go?"

I shrugged. "boring as always, but it went well."

"Who would have thought a class for software building would be boring?"

"Well it was the first day and all." I stopped. "Hang on a second, how do you know what class I'm taking?"

She seemed caught off guard. "Uh, well, I know someone who takes that class."

I studied her for a second. Her eyes were big and doe like, her dark brown irises glowing in the afternoon sunlight. Her lips were small, but a nice shade of red. Her face was a bit round, but she still had a defined jawline. Her body had a slight roundness to it. Even her voice is strangely uncanny. I swear I've seen this face before. But where the hell is it from? Realizing that it had been a few seconds since I responded, I quickly spouted. "Well it was nice meeting you."