It's Not All Over : Chapter 26

Abhijeet had wanted to give his officer and consultant a moment. All these months of each other had been difficult, for both of them. He blamed himself for not having been faster to find Shreya. The pain, the sadness in Daya’s eyes, had been hard to bear. As for the rest of his team. They were all like a little family, caring for each other. They had lost one of their own and all had been affected.

But now Shreya was back among them and he would make sure it stayed that way. He had seen the happiness in Daya’s eyes, that intense happiness that only a man in love could feel. He knew everything about his colleagues past, about their difficult lives. They had already suffered so much. And now he was about to impose more suffering on them. He blamed himself, but he had no choice.

Karan Bohra would never leave Shreya, not while he was free. It was therefore necessary to bring her to safety and as quickly as possible. The witness protection program seemed the best suited to the situation. He had to protect her as best as he could, as well as little Adarsh. If he could he would let Daya go with them, but it was impossible. He was going to need him to find and stop Bohra.

He had already contacted a special officer who was currently on his way to the hospital. All he had to do was break the news to Shreya and that was the hardest part. She might not take it well and he couldn't blame her. For Daya too it was going to be difficult, but if he gave his reasons, then he would accept. Shreya would suspect something, he was sure, but he had no choice.

Beside him, Nikhil remained impassive. But in his eyes you could see conflicting feelings. He wanted to protect Shreya, but he didn't want to impose more pain on her. Separating her from Daya when she had just found him was going to be really hard. But she wouldn't be alone, Adarsh would be with her. She would also have to take care of her unborn child. She would be busy enough like that.

"I'll let you break the news to her," Nikhil said without turning to his boss. “I don't want to be the one to break the little happiness she just found. "

"It's for her own good," Abhijeet clarified. "She'll figure it out, in a while. "

“You don't know Shreya like I know her. She will understand you, but she will be angry with you for a long time."

"I'm willing to take the risk if it comes to keeping her alive and stopping Karan Bohra," the ACP asserted. "She'll thank me when her baby will be born and she finally lives free with Daya." "

This was what he hoped for, that his colleagues and friends could finally live free and happy. Being an CID Officer was not easy, it was often difficult for Officers to have families, especially women. And he knew how difficult it had been for Daya and Shreya to find each other, to confess, after years of friendships. They finally had that chance and he was going to do everything to help them.

The two officers walked to the room in which little Adarsh had been placed. They knew they would find Sachin there. The man had preferred to go away and smooth some time for his sister with Daya. For Abhijeet that made it easier. He was going to have to explain the situation to Sachin so that the young man would agree to take part in the plan he had prepared. He didn't know if it would be easy to convince him, but he hoped so.

Entering the room, he found Sachin sitting in the armchair, a book in his hand. He looked up as the door opened and stood up to meet the officers. Nikhil could see the gratitude, with a mixture of anger in the younger man's gaze. How could he blame him, he himself was angry with his boss for not telling him what he was up to get Shreya out of her prison.

" What do you want ? He asked in a harsh voice, not hiding his feelings at all.

"Your help," Abhijeet replied simply. “And before I say anything, let me explain the situation to you”. After a few seconds, Sachin settled back to listen to the ACP. “Your sister is still in danger, which you must know. So I called in a Special Officer who will be responsible for integrating her into the witness protection program. She'll be there with little Adarsh. Daya will unfortunately not be able to accompany them because I need his help for something else. "

" You are laughing at me ? Sachin snapped. "They just got together after months of separation and you want to separate them again?" Why would I help you? "

"Because Daya is going to help me to stop Bohra, who is the one who threatens the lives of your sister and Adarsh. Only he can help me to stop him. "

"And what am I going to use you in this shot?”

“I will ask you to accompany your sister. I don't want her to be left alone, especially right now and assigning her an officer she doesn't know wouldn't help us. I want her to feel confident, secure”. Before Sachin’s questioning gaze, Abhijeet added, "I never wanted her to suffer and if I could get her out of jail I would have. I just wanted to do it legally, so she wouldn't have to go underground. I had no idea that Karan Bohra was behind this whole thing and that he would kidnap her. I really appreciate your sister. She is a very good officer and an exceptional woman. She doesn't deserve everything she's been through so far and I'm going to do my best to make her happy ending. But I need your help, Sachin."

The young man had listened attentively to everything the ACP had to say and had to admit that he seemed sincere. He wanted the best for his sister himself, after all she had done for him and his family. Today he had the possibility of returning all that to him. But would he be able to separate her from Daya, even for a short time and for good reasons? Would he manage to live with her without ever telling her anything about the man she loved was risking to keep her alive?

Shreya had always known how to tell when he was lying and he doubted that being pregnant had changed that. He was going to have to be very careful about anything he said if he didn't want her to find out the truth. Because if she ever found out, she would not stay under protection, she would seek to help. He would do the same for her. Family had always been important to them, and Daya was a member of their family. He couldn't stand anything happening to him.

So he made a decision, which he would certainly regret later. But at that moment, it was the only thing to do to keep his sister alive.

“I accept your proposal. "

To Be Continued.....