Chapter four

"So this is where I'll be sleeping?" Imani questions

Hoseok had shown her to another room, different than the one she had woken up in. She was starting to believe that this place had about a hundred rooms. The hallway was long and wide plus there was an upstairs portion. And the amount of people that resided here was well over twenty five people, and someway somehow they all had their own rooms.

"Yes." Hoseok answers.

"There's a bed, a fire place if you happen to get cold...and you're fairly close to the kitchen if you happen to get hungry. It's nice and convenient."

"Oh okay...thank you." Imani clears her throat, walking to sit on the bed.

It was the perfect size for her. A precious queen sized bed with soft blankets and a quantity of four pillows. The room smelled of cinnamon and fresh wood, and there were other pieces of furniture sitting around as well.

This was the first room she had been in that seemed to have curtains covering the windows. The others just had glass filling an entire wall, and on the outside there was nothing but trees.

She felt safer in this room because it was more covered and secluded. She didn't feel exposed and she didn't feel as if she were being watched. Atleast, they cared enough to not exploit her in her sleep.

"Well..." hoseok sighed. "If there's nothing else you want me to handle, I'll be heading off to bed now. Goodnight, Imani." He says.

He turned to leave the room but Imani called him back.

"Wait, Hoseok." She said, causing him to stop in his tracks instantly.

He turned around to look at her seeing that she looked a bit uneasy. The rain doesn't let up outside and it's only a matter of time before the storm picks up again. In the morning, the forest would be dewy and the heavy smell of the precipitation would sit in the crevices of the trees.

"Yes?" He answers.

"Will you people help me for real? Be honest with me."

Imani had this probing feeling that they were being genuine, but she didn't feel as if that ferocious and intimidating man - Jungkook was being genuine.

She didn't know why, but it felt like he was lying to her. He could've easily just moved out of the way earlier to let her leave but for some reason he didn't let her.

Imani was on the edge with all of this. Just because they gave her a warm place to sleep tonight and access to some food didn't mean their intentions were pure.

Anything could happen.

"You people?" Hoseok chuckled at her choice of wording.

Imani shook her head, looking down at the floor. "Sorry.." she says, sensing that she had offended him.