ᵒⁿᵉ✓

My soul is tied up.
I can't get up.
My eyes are desperate.
My body is giving up.
I can't hold on.

I can't be in this
Sharp misery anymore.
I'm losing my mind.
In this long tunnel,
I'm looking for a light.

Trapped in silence,
I'm knocking on my heart.
But only the cobweb
Is covering the darkness
Holding onto me.

~ Ayana.

■■■

As soon as she got her senses back, she felt a thudding headache. Quickly she closed her eyes against the dull pain. The back of her skull throbbed like hell.

She moved her hand to inspect the damage but couldn't move it. Something was restraining her arms. Her legs, too, were immobilized, as she noticed when she tried to get up. Opening her eyes, she looked at her legs to see that they were tied down with a rope and so was her hand.

The violent hum of electricity streaking through the air assaulted her battered head, calling forth a grimace of agony. A steady dripping echoed all around her, but it seemed to come from a single source.

She could hear the sound of rain.

'How long have I been out cold?'
She thought as her lips parched and hunger growled in her stomach.

She tried to keep her eyes open but blackness continued to engulf her. A tremor of panic vibrated in her. She was sightless, motionless, and restrained. She was as good as dead.

She felt like a lamb awaiting slaughter.

She tried to wrench her arms free and felt narrow straps dig into her flesh. She cried out in pain and kept battering at the straps with her forearms. They sawed in deeper and drew blood, but she was too far gone to notice it. Her every instinct forced her to fight with him, to escape these bonds, to run free.

Hearing the sound of the door opening, she snapped her head back, the impact dizzying her for a moment.

She hit the metallic table again and again with the back of her head, pounding away at her restraints. She yelled out, a shout mingled with fury and panic. The stuffy air invaded her mouth, causing her to gag.

"Stop hurting yourself, sweetheart!"
She heard his voice.
"You know I can't see you in pain."

"LET ME GO! LEAVE ME!"
She screamed despite her burning throat.

"How can I leave you, sweetheart? I love you. I promised to always be by your side. And I will always be by your side."
Grabbing her jaw slightly, he said,
"Don't worry once we leave the country, no one will be able to separate us. We'll live happily just like we planned. I promise."

"You are sick! You make me sick!"
She whispered not having any energy to scream.

"I didn't want to do it to you. But you forced me, sweetheart."
He smiled sadly and left not before commanding his men to inject the medicine.

"What are you giving me? Don't come near me!"
As the other man came towards her with the injection, she shouted,
"LEAVE ME! I SAID LEAVE ME! LET ME GO!! I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU COME NEAR ME! LEAVE ME!!!"