His True Identity

Lia

"Coffee?" Divine's voice disrupted my racing thoughts.

"Thanks." I said with a faint smile as I reached for the warm coffee. I took one deep breath to savor its intoxicating aroma.

We are all anxiously waiting outside the operating room at a hospital kung saan sinugod si Lance after I found him.

"Ano ba talagang nangyari ha Lia?" Divine asked me.

Every thing that happened awhile ago flooded my memories. 

Tito Ed and the back up just came in time to save Lance. Sabi nung Doctor he was in bad condition when we arrived at the ER. Pero it was too late to catch the Masked Man who kidnapped Lance. He escaped while his two other accomplices were killed by the Masked Man himself before leaving.

No one was caught and I am still scared because of it.

Then there was that kiss.

I unconsciously touched my lips as I recall that moment.

Somehow, the rain made that moment so damn familiar. But I know it is not just the rain, it was the way Lance lips felt and how he kissed me.

I closed my eyes and recall the moment.

I swear to the Heavens he kisses like Knight.

My heart started racing.

"Okay ka lang Lia?" Divine worriedly asked me.

"Yeah." I opened my eyes and tried to sound reassuring pero it didn't sounded like one even in my own ears.

I scan the whole room. Tito Ed, Gabe, Nico and Aris were all waiting outside too.

The door of the operating room finally opens and the surgeon came out. We all stood up as he approaches us.

"The operation was a success. He is already in the recovery room. Mamaya maru-room in na sya. Luckily the bullet did not hit any important organs. He is safe now." The surgeon said and I finally let out a sigh of relief. Napaupo ulit ako sa upuan and I clutch my chest. Finally that lump of pain on it dissipated upon hearing rhe good news. Inalalayan ako ni Divine.

"That's good to hear Doc." An unfamiliar voice came out of nowhere said. We all look at the direction where the voice came from and saw a man in his 50's wearing a fine looking suit standing there.

"Nico, Aris...." the old man started to say. "Sorry I am late." He said while looking at Aris and Nico. Tanging pure shock lang nakita ko sa mga mukha nila na as if they are seeing a ghost.

Lumapit yung lalaki kay Tito Ed, "Captain Evangelista...." the guys said as he reached out his hand for a shake to my Tito Ed. " I am General Arthur Briones, guardian ni Lance."

Nakita ko na nanlaki yung mga mata ni Ninong Ed then imbis na makipagkamay he saluted the man instead and so did Gabe. The other man saluted back and then he faces all of us once again with a warm smile. Napansin ko yung kakaibang pin na nasa damit nya.

Then he walks towards me and touched my shoulder.

"You must be Lia." He said with a smile pero for some weird reason I think a moment of sadness in his eyes which quickly disappeared. "Thank you for saving Lance."

I wasn't able to speak, I was speechless with the intimidating presence of this man in front of me.

"I am also here to apologize for the grave misunderstanding about Lance at dun sa nangyari sa Pier. You see, he has been targeted by my enemies for many years now including that man." He started to say.