Chapter 18

Hey guyssss! Guess whose back! Well i thought i write another chapter before i leave. Im gonna be gone for 3 weeks and wont have time to write but thank you all so much for being so patient with me. Its the summer so i will have much more time to write. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Hopefully this will tide you over until i can get back! Yay!
-------------------------------------
Previously on NCIS*
Tony got shot but is now in the hospital expected to recover. Ellie has been taken and Gibbs, Mcgee and Abby are trying to find out more. Ziva just wants revenge...

Narrator's POV

"Gibbs what is going on!" Mcgee questioned. Gibbs started to explain. "A man named Seth Bradford used to work in the Baltimore PD. He got involved in the arms trade and some how ended up in the middle east. Part of his gang was centered in Baltimore and Tony was part of the task force that took them down, or so we thought." Gibbs rubbed the back of his head like he was anxious. "Ziva and her partner, now the body on our table, were asigned to take down the ring in the middle east. During the mission they were both captured but managed to escape after a month. Jalaki ended up killing Bradford in the escape which made him a target." Gibbs was pacing back a forth. "Oh I get it." Mcgee said. "Now that both Ziva and Jalaki are back in DC, the gang thought they could get some revenge." "Exactly." Gibbs said. "Tony must have recognized the symbol on the wall and made the connection before getting shot." Mcgee and Gibbs began walking down to Abby's lab.

Abby had just walked in when Gibbs and Mcgee rushed through the door. "Whatd'ya got Abbs?" Gibbs asked and Abby rushed over to the computer. "I haven't been able to do much because I have been at the hospital but I will get started right away." Gibbs nodded. "Is Ziva still at the hospital?" Gibbs asked. "No she left before I did. I though she was here..."

Ziva's POV

My head wasn't cloudy. I knew what I was doing but I didn't care. I walked down the street knowing I might not make it out alive but I wasn't really focused on that at the moment. I was thinking about Leila. I was picturing her on her first day of school. Me holding one hand and Tony holding the other. It was an amazing image; the perfect family.

It was also the only thing keeping me from loosing my mind. I had left the hospital and headed to the people who hurt Tony. An hour earlier I had tracked down one of their couriers and with a little help from a nail gun I got him to talk. The courier said their home base was in an abandoned warehouse right outside of the city. I knew I would be out numbered but a plan was already formulating in my mind.

I got to the warehouse and surveyed it. Minimal windows and only two exits. I was about a block away when I heard two guards walk out. That was my way in.

Narrator's POV

Once Ziva took out the guards she snuck inside. The lights were off so she waited a moment so her eyes could adjust to the new darkness. There was only one hallway so she walked down very slowly. It was then that she realized she hadn't done this in a while. Years ago she would've just walked right in and taken out everyone in her sight. Now she couldn't take those risks. She had a daughter to care for and maybe even a family; hopefully.

Ziva got to the end of the passage only to find there was no one there. Then she heard a bing. To her right an elevator door pinged and Ziva hid behind a trash can while two men got out and turned the corner. Quickly, Ziva got to the elevator and shut the door. There were six floors in the warehouse. Ziva sighed, she was going to have to check all the floors but her gut told her to just skip it and go right to the bottom floor. She pressed the bottom button and steadied her breath for what she knew was coming next.