Chapter 2

Previously on NCIS

*The rest of the ride was rode in silence. We pulled up to the school. We walk about two steps when we see something. "Mcgee!" I scream " Is that..." Then my whole life flashes before my eyes.*

Mcgee's pov

I cough as I try to sit up. "Tony are you ok?" No answer. I check my body, I have a few bad cuts from flying glass but nothing to worry about. I look over at Tony who is still lying on the ground. "Tony are you ok?" I say a little worried now. Still no answer. I try to stand up but the soreness is still too much. I slide over to Tony and check his pulse. "Thank God" I mumble as I let out a sigh of relife. He's only unconsious.

I decide to call an ambulanceand they are here in a matter of minutes. They were already coming though because of the explosion. As the paramedics are helping Tony into the truck Gibbs calls me. "What the hell happened Mcgee?" "Boss the building blew up as we were walking inside. Tony is unconsious. We're going to the hospital now." I remember what happened and suddenly I remember the most important part. "Boss! Sarah Lepage, she's dead. That's what stopped us and pretty much saved our lives."Ok Mcgee. You get yourself checked out and go to the hospital with Tony. I will come with Ducky to the scene." "Ok boss, be carefull." I tell him before he hangs up on me. I get in the truck with Tony and we ride off to the hospital.

Gibb's pov

I have to admit, I am a little worried about Tony. After Ziva left we can't afford to lose another team member. Not that I think Tony will die, I just think he's going to be out for a while.

As I walk down to the car I flash back to the phone call when Ziva called me.

*Flashback*

"Hey Ziva" I said without having to look at the caller ID. "Hello Gibbs" She mumbles. I can tell she is nervous and had been crying. We talk for a while, trying not to get to the real topic. "Gibbs" she finally says. "I just wanted to say thank you and I'm sorry. I know it is against your rules to apologize but it is needed." "Ziva there is nothing to be sorry about" I try to explain. "No Gibbs. I left without telling you where I was going and made you send Tony on a wild duck chase." "Goose chase" I correct her. At least some things are still the same. "Right well Thank you for everything you have done for me and saving my life on more than one occasion. I would not be here if it were not for you and the team. Can you tell everyone I love them but I just need some time to myself for a while. Maybe in a few years I will come to visit" "I look forward to seeing you Ziva" I tell her. "Then it is set. Bye Gibbs" "Bye Ziva" Then she hangs up, a tear slipping from my eye.

*end of flashback*

I get to the crime scene and walk over to Sarah Lepage's body. Ducky walks up behind me with Palmer. "Looks like she got some damage from the blast." I say. "When did she die Duck?" around 1900 last night." "Thanks Duck"

I walk over to some of the other teachers who witnessed the explosion. "My name is Agent Gibbs. Was anyone inside the school at the time the bomb went off?" I ask them. "No, I was the last person out. I had to lock the doors." says a young woman with blonde hair and brown eyes. "Are you by chance Jack Fonders wife?" "Yes, well I was. I got remarried a year ago. My name is Carrie Poole now." "Ok, I'm going to have to bring you back to headquarters to ask a few more questions." "Can't you just ask me here? I have to pick up my daughter from daycare in twenty minutes" She asks. "Alright. Did you know Sarah Lepage?" I ask. "Yes she was my friend we had lunch together everyday." "Was anything off about her the last few days?" "No, she seemed normal. Although she was catching a cold" "Lastly, did she have any enemies?" "Well every female teacher in this school had the same enemy. The school custodian. Um... Paul Juger. He was kind of a pervert. Not to the kids, just the adults." "Thank you Mrs. Poole. Please stay in town for the next few days incase we have any follow up questions." I say to her, then leave.

I take out my phone and call Mcgee. "Hey boss. I was just about to call you. Thedoctors took Tony into surgery. They said it wont take long." In the background noise I hear a doctor start to talk. "Family of agent Dinozzo?" We have some news..."