Chapter 20

Here it is everyone! This is the final chapter of Surprise of My Life. After watching recent episodes I felt the need to rewrite a happier ending than the one with Micheal leaving. Hopefully this with help with all of my anger at the writers. Well here it goes. (Also is what happened in the show weirdly similar to my story!)
----------------
Narrators POV

It had been two weeks since the team saved Ziva and Ruben was captured. It had been two weeks since the team went through one of the biggest hardships of their lives and things were just now starting to settle down. Tony got discharged from the hospital a day ago while Ziva had only been admitted for a few cracked ribs. Nothing she couldn't handle. The whole team was in pretty rough shape but they were happy. At the moment, Tony was sitting in the bullpin staring at the ceiling. All he could think about was what his life was going to be like after this day. Today was the day Ziva was moving in. Yes of course it had been rushed but Ziva needed a place to stay and they did have a child together after all. But to Tony it felt like the wait had been for too long. He had loved Ziva since the day he met her and he knew his life was finally on the right path.

As Tony was contemplating life, he didn't notice the team walk in. "Tony" Mcgee said. "What are you doing here? You're not cleared for duty until next week." Tony looked up and sighed. "Ziva's moving in today. Instead of letting me help her, she kicked me out and told me not to come back until 6pm. So I thought I would come here and see what everyone was up to Mcgoo." "Maybe she has a surprise for you Tony." McGee responded. Tony had been wondering if perhaps she had been planning something but it hadn't really crossed his mind. Tony shrugged and decided to go see what Abby was up to. Slowly, because he was still in pain and on very strong pain killers, he wobbled over to the elevator and went downstairs.

Abby was playing her loud music as usual when Tony walked in. When she spotted him she turned it off and ran over to give him one of her big hugs. "Tony, I'm so glad you came!" Abby squealed. "Ziva told me about moving day and said to expect you. Actually, I have a house warming gift for you guys." "Abby you didn't have to do that." Tony replied but Abby was already getting out her present. She made Tony close his eyes and she led him over to the table in the other room. Once Tony was standing in front of the table Abby told him he could open his eyes. In front of him was a gigantic skull with a hole in the top. "What is it?" Tony asked surprised. "It's a flower pot" Abby replied. "I know it's a little cliche but I liked it." Tony thanked her and turned to sit down when Abby stopped him. "Actually, I have something else for you. It's from Ziva" Tony didn't know what to expect but was intrigued nonetheless. Abby turned and reached into her desk drawer. A second later she pulled out a long black key and handed it to Tony. "I don't know what it opens and I don't know what Ziva meant by it but she asked me to give it to you." Abby told him. Tony was perplexed but he trusted Ziva and was excited to figure out what she was up to. 

It was finally 6 o'clock and Tony was arriving home to see what Ziva had been up to. He wasn't quite sure if he should be excited or scared but he opened his door and walked into his apartment. "Ziva, Leila, I'm home!" Tony yelled. He stopped for a minute. He had never thought those words were going to come out of his house but they felt good. "Daddy!" Leila screamed as she ran around the corner. Tony picked her up in his arms and kissed her on her cheek. "What have you and mommy been up to today?" Tony questioned and Leila laughed. "It's a surprise." responded Leila and the pair walked into the kitchen together. On the table was a feast, literally. Ziva turned around and smiled. "I hope you like it." She said. "Leila and I spent all day making it didn't we?" "Yes!" Leila shouted and Ziva smiled. It was weird. Tony felt like he was in one of those old fashion movies with a perfect family but for some reason, he loved it. 

The three of them ate food until they were going to throw up and then Leila was put to bed. "Goodnight sweetie." Tony said as he pulled her covers up to her chin. Then turned off the lights and walked to find Ziva. It was that moment when he really knew he could do it. This was who he was supposed to be and he loved it. 

Ziva was waiting for him on the couch and Tony went to join her. "So was the gigantic dinner the only reason you kicked me out of the house today?" Tony asked. "No, did you get the key I sent you?" Ziva responded. Tony had forgotten she had given the key to him so he hadn't looked into it further. He pulled it out of his pocket and set it on the table. "What does it open?" He asked and Ziva pulled out a large wooden box. "This" she replied and she set the box in front of Tony. He slid the key in and unlocked it. Then he froze. He was scared of what he might find because he knew Zive liked to pull pranks like this. "Open it". Ziva said and Tony slid the cover off. Inside there were pictures. "What is this?" Tony asked as he pulled a picture out of the box. "Its your child." Ziva said. "These are all the pictures I took while I was away. I want you to know how your daughter grew up because we are going to be a family and you need to know what leila's childhood was like." Tony stared at the picture in his hand. Leila was sitting on her be holding a picture of Tony and Ziva. "Thank you Ziva." Tony said. And with that he grabbed Ziva into his arms and kissed her. She melted into him and she could feel tears dropping on to her cheeks. 

They were a family.