Chapter 13

The day before, Ziva's POV

Gibbs had called me. I was in shock. I never thought I would get pulled back into that life after 3 years. Yes Ahmed had come to see me but I had turned him away. I told him I didn't want to be a part of anything but he had told me anyway. He couldn't understand why I did not want to get involved so I told him I have a child to look after. Leila is only 2 years old. I had to be there for her, not going off and getting myself killed. There was also another reason I did not listen to him. After Bodner I found myself in a bad place. I left so I would not bring anyone down with me, but Tony found me. I had spent the last few months trying to distance myself from everything, only to have Tony come and bring back all the feelings. I thought I would go crazy or insane so I did what I was trained to do. I pushed him away. After he left I broke down. I was a mess until a miracle happened. Leila. She was the reason I did not go crazy. I had to be grounded for her, so thats what I did.

I answered the phone and it was Gibbs. I could tell he was in shock too but he pulled himself together. Minutes later he was in the directors office and they were questioning me about something I did not know. Then Gibbs asked me something which I could not turn down. "Ziva, will you come home?" He asked and I almost burst into tears. After all these years he still thought of me as family? "Yes Gibbs, I will come home." I told him and then everything felt wierd inside me. Like everything was going to be ok, whole again. I wasn't stressed or worried about what to expect. I just gathered some toys and clothes for Leila and grabbed my go bag and left. I laughed to myself, after all these years I still kept a go bag by the door just incase. "We are going home Leila." I said walking out the door.

"We are going home."

---------------------

I know it's super short but I am going to new york and school starts soon so I might not have time to write. I thought I would give you something little. Thanks :)