nine

"Mummy! Daddy! Come on!! Its Christmas!"

Layla jumped on their bed, Winston and Lennon excitedly cheering by the door.

Finley got up groggy and annoyed but gave a warm smile to her kids. "Has Father Christmas been?" she asked Layla who giggled as she sat on top of her mums stomach. "Lets see!" She says with a wide grin showing her baby teeth that yet to grow.

Winston was already dragging his dad out the door, who was just as energetic as the kid.

The three kids immediately ran to the Christmas tree and began to find their gifts.

Finley sat on the couch and watched them, Lennon didn't care about the wrapping paper as he tears it off aggressively, Layla was lining up hers away from her brothers as she gently and slowly opened the gifts and Winston was having a bit too much fun with the boxes instead of the actual gift.

All the time they we're so fascinated with the gifts that they received and we're so grateful which Liam and Finley sighed a relief for, they we're scared they got them the wrong thing but even if they did, they doubt they'll throw a tantrum.

After Liam helped Layla screw in the pieces for her new doll house, with Winston and Lennon playing with their cars, he grabbed a small package under the tree and gave it to Finley with the sweetest yet smuggest smile.

"Is it a vibrator?" Finley joked and Liam laughed softly, "Maybe."

She nudged him as she carefully opens it to see a box, she gave him a suspicious and he gave her a look to tell her to continue to open it. Excitement very obvious on how big his smile grew.

Finley slowly opened the box and gasped. "You didn't!" she almost cried.

It was the same bead necklace she had in the 90s she refused to remove. She didn't wear it always however because it looked similar to Damon Albarns that people started conspiring that it was his and they were dating.

Finley could've sworn she broke it in a gig.

"I got it remade, every bit of it was made sure to match the old one." Liam kissed her forehead.

"Oh Liam, I love it." Finley gave him the biggest hug.

their hug was broken when someone rang their doorbell, Finley and Liam looked at each other with confused looks.

The kids we're too occupied with their toys to be bothered as Finley went ahead and grabbed the door, they weren't expecting anyone, who could be ringing their door bell in the morning of Christmas.

Once she opened her door, her jaw flew to the floor as Lisa Moorish stood in front of her.

"Finley." Lisa smiled. "What're you doing here?" Finley asked, a bit too harshly. "I- I just want to say Merry Christmas." Lisa frowns a bit.

Finley scoffed, "What is it Lisa, like actually."

"Is Liam there?" Lisa asked, her eyebrows furrowing. "Why is that?"

Lisa looked like she was about to cry as she inhales, "He's my daughters father."

——

(finleys pov)

"Thank you so much mummy for coming here so sudden," I hugged her mum who had came to pick up the kids and have breakfast at her place with their grandad. "It's always no problem, love. mum smiled widely. "I expect you to come for lunch though."

"I will Mum." I kneel down to Layla who held her new doll, "Behave at grammy and granpa's okay? we'll be there for lunch." I told her and she nods, smiling. I kissed her forehead before helping her inside dads old BMW, Winston and Lennon were also there, Liam helping them with their seatbelts from the other side.

I gave him a glare as when he glanced at me.

The car had left and it was me, Lisa and Liam inside the house. "Whats this then?" I asked, trying not to show any emotion but I feel my voice crack a bit.

Liam stayed quiet, fiddling with his fingers. Lisa looked guilty, as she bows her head in shame.

"Liam." I whispered, before sniffing, holding back sobs.

Is this it? Just like that, the perfect family I've got will suddenly crumble because of Liams past mistakes catching up with him?

"Look, love, I didn't know-"

"Doesnt matter Liam, what matters is that you slept behind my back 9 years ago. And now the consequences of your actions are facing me." I point.

"I'm not the only one.." Lisa sighed.

Me and Liam both looked at her.

"What do you mean." I demanded instead of asked.

Lisa looked at me and Liam nervously, "Look I don't mean no harm, I don't wanna get back with Liam pr anything I just wanted to let you know because it hurts to see my daughter beg to see her father and-"

I stopped her from rambling, "I get it! Okay! But what do you mean you're not the only one."

She sighed, shaking her head, "Nicole Appleton."

(a/n i dont know what im doing)