eighteen

While Finley was out getting the best time of her life since giving birth to her three darlings, Liam had never felt such big regret wash onto him.

He never loved Nicole, he thought he did but no, he was too blind to see it was Finley he truly did wanna spend his time with until their hair turns grey. He never knew why he divorced Finley and married Nicole so suddenly.

It was such a rush, honestly.

It was torture.

It had been 3 months since he married Nicole, 3 months he's been regretting it. It was like something awoken in him when he was at the reception of their wedding, that he realised this is not what he wants. The wedding was a blur, proposing to Nicole was a blurry regret.

How will he ever make it up to his soulmate? if she even considers him as hers.

-

2010

The magazine has shown several pictures of Damon and Finley, to them it was just a fling like they would do in the 90s for funs, but to the press however, it's a big deal.

Liam frowned while he reads the new magazine, intrigued seeing his ex-wife with Damon.

He felt so much guilt and regret that he couldn't bear and cry quietly to himself. Even Nicole knows he doesn't actually love her, that maybe he was in a state of daze when they got married, that he only did it for Gene, even though he has a family who he would sacrifice himself for already.

sooner or later however, the day Nicole dreaded came as Liam asked for a divorce. She understood why, why Liam will never look at her the way he'll look at Finley, and didn't freak as much. She wanted him to be happy, and he's there for Gene one way or another anyway.

After a few months, the divorce was all over the papers, but Finley couldn't care less as she watched Missy Albarn with Layla Gallagher tease Lennon and Winston who were too confused who's controlling their remote control car, not knowing Missy holds hit.

"Hey, love." Damon greets Finley with a cup of coffee. She smiled thankfully. Finley and Damon have nothing but friends after the two shared same regret the night at the motel. Layla and Missy goes to the same school, so they bumped into each other once more.

Damon's eyes flung to Missy who began laughing hard and realized what she had been doing.

Lennon and Winston scowled as Missy and Layla ran inside giggling. "Girls." Damon shakes his head, grabbing the remote control Missy dropped to play with the boys.

Finley stood awkwardly for a bit before deciding to start fixing lunch. She started to walk back but stopped on her tracks when she heard the boys laughter died down and Lennons very obvious shock voice spoke, "Dad?"

-

"Liam." Damon cleared his throat, nodding at Liam who stood awkwardly infront of our garden.

"D-Damon." Liam frowned but nods in greeting.

"Boys..." Liam looked at Lennon and Winston with a smile, a smile so dazing, so caring, loving.

"Dad." Winston dropped his car and ran towards his father, quickly jumping as Liam caught him. "Dad!" Lennon ran after him too and Liam let out a yelp before falling on his back as Lennon also tackled him.

I gave Damon a look and he pursed his lips, also quite confused.

Layla must've heard the "Dads!" and laughter because now she also ran out the door, Missy walked behind her with a shocked look before standing next to her father.

"Layla! My girl." Liam smiled so widely as Layla began to sob, engulfed in a hug with her father.

Liam has shown support for his kids but he never showed himself to them, out of shame and embarrassment of what he did. So the kids were all pretty shock but nonetheless grateful he's finally there for them, you can see he never stopped caring for them on how tight he hugged his kids.

Liam wiped some tears off Layla's cheeks and then his, before looking up to Finley who watched everything with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Finnie." Liam nervously smiled. No matter how much Finley hated Liam, how much she told herself to stand back and don't ever ever hug him, she did, she jogged up to him and hugged him. He stumbled back a bit, not expecting her to hug him. Or even go close him.

But neither can deny, seeing each others face in person for what seems like forever gave them an epiphany, that this was how it was supposed to be. The times they had together flashed before their eyes, as they held each other so tight as if, if they let go, the world would end.

"You bastard." Finley whispered, sobbing back a tear. "I missed you too." Liam chuckled.