CHAPTER 6 - Let me in

CHAPTER 6 – Let me in!!

A/N –Just a reminder from the last chapter, I intend Elaina to be pronounced as E-lane-a I know it's not that big of a deal, but I enjoy knowing the proper way to say names in my head while I'm reading. Hope you enjoy!

Narrator's POV:

Ziva and Elaina meet at the old café the next day, the sun is shining, the wind is rustling through the streets, dust is being blown around, it's a true day in Israel, minus the violence, which is the last thing Elaina and Ziva need. Elaina is already at a table in the café with one coffee and one tea already ordered. Somehow, she remembered that Ziva doesn't drink too much coffee, especially not with lunch, and she remembered that Ziva likes honey in her tea.

"How do you remember my tea preference?"

"I've always been good at remembering things, plus you were the only one in the unit who drank tea and not coffee majority of the time."

Elaina is being modest when she says that she's always good at remembering things, she has a photographic memory that was used a lot on missions and undercover operations Although Ziva doesn't have a bad memory herself, Elaina was always the go-to for memorization.

"So, where are you living now?" Ziva asked after taking a sip of her tea, loving the taste.

"In a cheap, small, run-down house by the old school. It's not the most glamorous, but I've never needed a mansion."

"I see what you're saying, the farmhouse is so empty with just one person. It used to be so filled up."

"Oh yeah, where's your father now? I heard he got the director role he always wanted." Elaina asked that very innocently, not knowing the full story.

"Ummm," Ziva contemplated how much to share, "he is no longer with us."

"Oh I'm so sorry! The job?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"Come on Ziva, you know me, you don't have to avoid me, just let me in, I want to help you."

"I know, I know, but you know Mossad, the walls we built, mine are taller than anyone's."

"Taller, maybe, but mine are too. Just let me in. You were never one to hid behind someone else, why are you hiding behind your walls."

"It's different."

"I can help you."

"I could say the same to you."

"Why don't we help eachother? We both want to let go, move past the violence, past the life Mossad gave us. Why not do it together."

"You want to move on?"

"Yes, I want to get over it."

"You don't get over, you only get through. Wow, I've already started helping you."

"I know you don't want to admit it, but you need someone beside you. You don't want to accept the help, but just say yes and we can start getting through." Elaina says, hoping for that simple yet courageous three letter word.

"Yes."

A/N - Short and sweet, not too much information but now we know that Elaina's here to stay.