Village Girlfriend?

I was being sensitive, and I knew that. I needed to toughen up, but maybe not tonight. As I walked out of the room, I felt both the eyes of Miguel and Camilo follow me.

I went down the stairs, trying to think if maybe Camilo was a player. Maybe he didn't truly like me, that was just his personality. Being a flirtatious player.

I walked into the kitchen looking at Mirabel and Tia Julieta who was cooking arepas.

"Mirabel are you okay? Did you get hurt?" I said looking concerned.

"It was just a cut on my hand." She said showing me.

"Oh jeez, that's huge." I said taking her hand.

She laughed, "Honestly y/n, I'm fine," she said taking her hand back.

"Y/n why aren't you at the party?" Tia Julieta said giving Mirabel her arepa.

"Oh I- just got bored, and anyway I just wanted to talk with Mirabel." I smiled awkwardly.

Julieta put a smile on her face, "Well I did make extra arepas, would you like one?" She said offering me one.

"Sure, thank you." I said taking it from her hand.

"Of course y/n." She said turning around to wash the dishes, "Now if you two girls don't want to head back to the party maybe it would be best for you two to get some rest, after all it's already 10pm."

I looked outside, it was pitch black and some people have already left. Including the ones with the children, I looked to the stairs seeing some parents having their kids on their backs sleeping.

"Y/n, I think Camilo is still at the party. Are you going to stay in his room or my room?" Mirabel asked me as we started to walk up the stairs eating our arepas.

"Oh I forgot about that." I said looking down, as I looked at where my bag used to be it was gone.

"Um, y/n.." Mirabel looked at the empty spot.

"Where did my bag go!?" I said a bit too loud.

"Y/n! Sorry I heard you yell, but uh- I forgot to tell you Camilo already put your bag in his room." Delores said peeking her head out of the door.

"Oh..thanks Delores." I said putting on another awkward smile.

She nodded and went back to the party.

"I guess we both know where you're staying tonight." Mirabel crossed her arms and put on a smile.

I laughed, "I guess."

"What's wrong? You seem weird about staying in Camilo's room." Mirabel asked.

"No, it's- it's just something he said. I was just overthinking." I said putting my hand behind my neck.

"Oh okay then..well just know I'm here if you need anything." Mirabel said heading to her room.

"Also, M." I said turning back to her.

"Yeah?" She turned to me.

"I didn't hear what you were telling Abuela, why did you think the house was in trouble?"

"Oh, well when I went out here the tiles on the ceiling fell and there was cracks in the walls. What really freaked me out was the candle almost blowing out! But when I came out everything was fine, I don't know what happened. But I'm going to find out." She said determined.