Power Source

"G-go to your room now y/n." Abuela pointed to my door upstairs.

I glared at her before heading up the stairs and shutting my bedroom door.

I tried to open my window a little bit but casita quickly shut it.

"Casita, please. I just want to take a peek." I whispered.

Casita opened the window slightly for me to take a quick glance, the people were already setting up camp. I looked at the villagers, hiding their children, shutting the windows and locking the doors. No donkey was to be seen in sight, the owners must have brought them into the house for safety.

I closed the window and sat down on my bed looking at the turtle that looked back at me. I looked down, "What am I going to do? What are we doing to do?" I thought.

I looked down at my pillow and thought, until it hit me. My necklace. My necklace was a power source! Though I would've lost my powers I still would be able to save all the villagers and the Encanto.

I quickly ran to the door, grabbing the doorknob but casita wouldn't budge.

"Casita! I must to this, it's the only way." I looked at my windows.

The windows opened and closed repeatedly, meant casita was saying no.

"Casita! I can save the Encanto. I don't care about my power if it means I get to save everyone here." I pleaded.

Casita opened the door slightly. I grabbed the doorknob, "You won't regret this casita, I promise." I whispered before shutting the door.

I ran down the stairs to where everyone still was besides Luisa and Antonio. Luisa was probably ordered to protect Antonio again because Pepa and Felix was also with everyone.

"Y/n, I thought I told you-" Abuela started.

"No- no no no no, I actually have a brilliant idea this time." I said taking off my necklace, "They want magic. I can give it to them. My necklace- it gave me my powers-" I said showcasing it on my hand.

Abuela looked at me like I was crazy, "Y/n! That's enough! I surely hope you're joking, you can't possibly be serious!"

"What does that mean?!" I shouted back.

"Look how powerful you are already with that thing! Imagine them with that power!" Abuela pointed to it.

Pepa started to drizzle looking down as Felix held her tightly. Tiny droplets hit my head, and the sound of it dropping on the ground was the only thing heard.

I has to admit, maybe abuela was right. I mean, I had a powerful "gift", was it a really smart idea to give it to them?

I put my hand out, the necklace dangling from my hand, "Just- we'll deal with the consequences when they come. Please, for the townspeople, for us." I looked around at all the Madrigals looking at Abuela, "I just need to get out the pic-"

Abuela looked blank for a moment but then her face turned mad, she snatched the locket, "If you don't want the power then may no one have it." She said throwing it on the ground, putting her heel on top of it cracking it into millions of pieces.

"No!" I shouted. My eyes instantly started pouring with tears, as I fell right in front of the pieces in front of me.

Mirabel kneeled down to pick up the pieces, "Oh y/n, hey it's okay." She said trying to comfort me, "Don't cry."

I looked up at Abuela, "YOU'RE A MONSTER! YOU'RE NO HERO!" I stood up, "I would've expected some character development from you, I mean COME ON! We built casita together again and just for what? Just for you to ruin this family again!? I lost the ONLY thing I had of my parents, of my MOM, of my DAD!" I shouted as I followed Abuela while she started to back away.

"Y/n, darling. Take a break." Julieta said starting to run over to me, giving me a hug trying to stop me from following Abuela.

I just had the sudden urge to scream, and that's what I did. (Imagine the Harry Potter scene where Sirius Black died).

Julieta held me tightly as I screamed loudly, letting everything out. I fell to my knees, feeling Julieta's arms let go of me. I looked at my hands, they glowed with the same yellow orbs.

I blinked away my tears, taking deep breaths. I stood back up, looking at my shaky hands. I turned to where everyone was standing, I watched as Camilo started to come closer.

"Camilo stay away, y/n is dangerous." Abuela scolded.

"She is my girlfriend!" Camilo shouted back.

"Camilo!" Pepa shouted, "Don't talk back to-"

"I can not allow Abuela to just talk like that about y/n Mami!" Camilo looked at her mother, "I love her." He said softly.

Pepa looked down, as Felix held her waist tighter. I bet it reminded Pepa and Felix of themselves when they were younger. When Dolores and I told secrets to each other, she told me Tia Pepa had said Abuela never actually agreed for Pepa to marry Felix in the first place.

I looked back down at my hands, "Oh mi amor," Camilo said closing my hands allowing the yellow orbs to fade away.

I looked up at him as I hugged him tightly, "What's happening Camilo." I whispered as I just let my tears flow until they ran out.

"I'm here now y/n, you can calm down. It's okay darling." He whispered back.

As my legs started to get tired, I felt myself fall to the floor, with Camilo still holding me. I parted the hug, "Camilo.."

"Yes?" He tried to keep a soft smile, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I-I am a magic source." I looked at my hands and then him.

Isabela eyes widened, "Y/n, you cannot be thinking what-" Isabela spoke up.

I looked at her, my eyes starting to tear up. "It's the right thing though isn't it?" I shrugged, forming a soft smile. "No more tears!" I yelled to myself inside my head.

"Wait- what? What's y/n going to do?" Camilo said cluelessly.

I looked at him standing back up.

"I'm not allowing you to do this y/n." Isabela started to walk closer to me.

"What other choice is there Isa? I can't just stay here while the people out there are already probably planning their first murder." I said pointing to the door.

"Y/n, you don't have to do this." Pepa whispered, putting her hand on her chest.

"You make it sound like there's a choice." I mumbled.

"Y/n." Abuela started, "You must realize. I never really wanted you in this family, but- I- I now realize you are what this family needs, without you, no one would put me in my place. You must stay." She started to walk closer to me.

I turned around looking at Mirabel, "And that is why you have Mirabel. I know you'll do the right thing always, won't you M?" I put on a genuine smile.

"I-" She started, she was speechless.

I looked at the door, wiping my tears as I took a deep breath. I looked back at everyone, "Well, see you soon." I smiled before opening the doors.

As I walked out, I heard steps following behind me. Not knowing who it was, I quickly locked the door and only heard the banging of the door and the muffled voices yelling at me to open the door.

I looked at the outsiders in front of me.

"Oh, so nice to see you again y/n." Smiled the leader.

Sorry for not being able to post last night! I was super tired, but here's your new chapter! There will be a chapter posted tomorrow night don't worry :)