Chapter 16: Beyond Oblivion

Lunae? What do we do? Winter asked within his thoughts as he kept his gaze fixed on Darkstalker.

The scavenger answered nonchalantly. Hmm? Oh, I simply couldn't care what you do next. By all means, do as you please.

Lunae!? Winter became increasingly confused by Lunae's new and sudden demeanor.

Darkstalker's grin immediately vanished when he glanced in back of Moon to see Hope bleeding out on the floor while Turtle worriedly dabbed the animus-touched stone near where her leg once was.

"Mother!?" Darkstalker shouted as he rushed over to her side. "No! What HAPPENED!?" The huge black dragon placed a talon on his forehead as if he was trying to recall something while Turtle looked up at him with panicked eyes. "Did I do this?" Said Darkstalker.

"Dark...stalker?" Hope's voice cracked as she managed to open one of her eyes and look at her son. She was bleeding intensely as she breathed rapidly.

Just then the green mech, Tiamat, had dashed over to Darkstalker with its electric claws outstretched.

Darkstalker turned his head in Tiamat's direction with gritted teeth and rage-filled eyes. "YOU!" All he did was simply stretch his right talons forward before the mech was able to make contact. Tiamat's body crashed into Darkstalker's arm as his whole talon ripped into the green mech, tearing a massive hole into the center of its metal body. "Were you the reason why I woke up in that scavenger's body?"

Darkstalker then quickly and swiftly placed his other talon on the mech's face, and proceeded to tear off the front side of it's head so that the inside became visible.

Winter was utterly baffled as he watched because within the green mech's head was what looked like a younger scavenger girl with short brown hair. The small scavenger met the mighty dragon's eyes with her own as she began screaming a wail of terror.

"Dark-" Moon yelled with her wings ready to fly just as Darkstalker shot a thorough stream of fire into the small pit within the mech's head where the scavenger girl sat.

Winter felt as if he was going to throw up as he staggered back while he listened to the small scavenger scream horrendously while her body became consumed by scorching hot flames. Qibli looked at Winter with a worried face while Winter muttered under his breath. "No... What's happening? Lunae!? Why is there a scavenger inside that mech!"

Moon backed away as Tiamat's body became limp. At the same time, Kraken had also dashed forward with all the speed Winter thought it could muster. The blue mech shot it's grappling hooks at Darkstalker only for him to toss the limp Tiamat onto the floor with enough time to catch the hooks midair. With a mighty swing, Darkstalker pulled Kraken to him as he outstretched one of his talons yet again. This time crashing his talon straight into Kraken's face, destroying it instantly. Within the span of a few seconds, Darkstalker had managed to completely obliterate two of the mech generals with ease.

Darkstalker then brought his attention to Black Knight who was standing cautiously a few meters away. "Will you also throw yourself at me?" He spat with disgust and venom in his voice.

Black Knight simply stood there for a few seconds as if contemplating. For some reason, Winter couldn't help but feel the mech had lost all of its will to fight as it slowly backed away before igniting it's boosters and flying off into the night sky.

Darkstalker scoffed and returned his attention to his wounded mother. He looked his mother in the eyes as he began to tear up. He then glanced at Turtle before who was still trying to tend to her wounds.

"That's enough, Turtle. I've finally regained my NightWing powers, and... I'm afraid there is no longer a future where my mother can come out of this battle alive." He said solemnly.