Epilogue: Every Little Thing

Winter woke up fairly early in the morning just as he usually had. His dreary talons scuffled over the smooth, cool stone that made up his bed. And just like every other morning, he lamented that it was a poor substitute for the ice he used to sleep on back home.

At least it's comfortable enough to sleep on.

Winter blinked his eyes open, and glanced around his room. He was back at Jade Mountain Academy, and about six months have passed since the incident with the mech piloting scavenger's. Ever since then, there haven't been any more reports of mechs attacking dragons. And as it turned out, the only places that had been attacked were Sanctuary, Jade Mountain, and the NightWing Village. Over the course of those four days, 91 dragons were reported to have lost their lives against the scavengers. And to this day, not many still know where they came from, or why they attacked, or that the mechs had even been controlled by scavengers in the first place.

The IceWing prince shook his head, trying to keep his mind off of the past. He looked at the opposite side of the room to see a hammock made of silk that dangled across two stone pillars. A blue colored dragon slept on it as he comfortably snoozed.

It must be fairly early if Blue's hasn't woken up yet. Either that or he stayed up too long studying. I have to hand it to him. He's really been getting better at this school stuff.

The dragon that slept across from Winter was his current clawmate, Blue. A SilkWing who was the same age as Winter. He had transferred to the Academy not too long before Winter had been officially readmitted. It turned out that after the mess that happened with The Othermind almost dooming dragonkind, the dragon tribes from the continent of Pantala had decided to send some willing dragons over to Pyrrhia to study there. And vice versa. Many dragons here from Pyrrhia had become interested in the mysterious new continent as well, so now the two continents had been exchanging not just information, but also students and anthropologists.

Winter stretched his muscles after getting out of bed. He cracked his door open, and looked out a nearby window to see that the sun was just peeking itself over the horizon. The faint light from the sunrise bathed itself onto the hallway's stone floor. Winter then closed the door again, and decided to walk over to his sleeping clawmate.

"Hey." Winter whispered. "Blue. Sunrise. You said you wanted to get up early today. Remember?"

Winter noticed Blue's antennae twitch slightly before the lithe looking SilkWing opened his eyes. "Oh? Morning Winter." Blue said with a warm smile.

Winter sighed. "You surprise me more with each passing day, Blue. You know that, right?"

"Wha?" Blue looked at him confused. "What did I do this time?"

"Nothing." Winter lifted a talon up to his chin as he laughed a little. "I just don't think I know a lot of dragons who wake up smiling after being woken up by someone."

"I guess that makes sense." Blue said while pressing two of his claws together. "When me and my sister were smaller, Luna sometimes roared at me whenever I'd interrupt one of her naps."

"Yeah. Most dragons would." Winter muttered while coolly waving a talon in the air. "No matter. Cricket and the others are waiting for you, right? Come on. Let's get ready."

Blue perked up at the sound of that name. "Oh yeah! Ok. I'll just be a second."

When Winter returned to Jade Mountain six months ago, there were already five new members in the Jade Winglet. Peril who had replaced the now deceased Carnelian. A MudWing girl named Caltha who had replaced Umber, who now lived in the Sky Kingdom. And then the three dragons from Pantala. Blue who represented the SilkWings, Cricket, who represented the HiveWings, and Hazel, a LeafWing princess. When the idea sprang forth of having Pantalan dragons attend Jade Academy, Cricket and Hazel were some of the first dragons who had volunteered to join. And Blue joined to stay by Crickets side.