Chapter 19: A Heartful Cry

~Qibli POV~

Qibli snoozed next to the cool scales of his boyfriend Winter as they laid atop a soft bed of grass and flowers. The morning rays of light were beginning to seep over the horizon as they made the IceWing Qibli was sleeping next to stir. But Qibli continued to mumble and snore as he slept comfortably. One of his wings was covering Winter like a blanket. The sleepy SandWing then felt a soft touch on his snout. He thought it felt somewhat cool like Winter's scales, but to a much lesser degree.

"Darkstalker has commanded me to awaken you. Please follow me to your designated meeting area." Issued the voice of a monotone sounding girl.

Qibli grumbled before snuggling his snout closer next to Winter. "Gimme like... ten more minutes." Qibli thought he felt Winter squirm some more next to him.

"Eh!?" He heard Winter gasp. "You're... a Prime Field Device? The one Lunae called Solis."

"Correct. And I am here by order of Darkstalker to awaken the dragon known as Qibli from his slumber and bring him to the designated meeting area." Replied Solis.

"I said... ten more minutes please?" Qibli grumbled again with his eyes still closed.

"Qibli! Wake up!" Winter said while patting the top of Qibli's head. "She's telling us Darkstalker wants to see you."

"Huh? Hmm?" Qibli finally blinked his eyes open as he lifted his head up and looked around. He was greeted by the wonderful sight of a sleepy looking Winter, and the not so wonderful sight of a floating scavenger staring at him with blank green eyes. "Dark- Oh yeah! Ahem! Where are my manners? My name is Qibli, and this is my sweetheart Winter! I don't believe we've had the pleasure of introducing ourselves yet."

"Sweetheart?" Solis repeated in a slightly confused tone.

Winter sighed as he got up and stretched his body. "Ignore him. You said Darkstalker wants to see us?"

"Incorrect. He only specifically mentioned that I acquire the presence of the dragon known as Qibli."

"What!?" Winter's IceWing's spikes bristled a little. "I hope he doesn't expect me to stay here!"

"Calm down Winter. I'm sure he just forgot to mention you is all. I don't recall he had a particular fondness for IceWing's." Qibli laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah? I'd bet, considering he tried to commit mass genocide against us!" Winter's expression then went from annoyed to sorrowful as he stopped talking and tucked his talons close to his body.

Winter? Did he just remember what happened to all those scavenger's in the ship he destroyed? Oh Winter.... Qibli then hopped over to Winter's side and gave him a big comforting hug while brushing the back of his spiky head gently with a talon. "Don't worry Win! I'm here, remember? And you're coming with me to meet up with Darkstalker no matter what he says."

Winter brushed his snout alongside Qibli's neck and replied to him with a meek whimper. "Ok."

Poor guy. All his sass and temper gone just like that...

"I will not object. Darkstalker did not instruct me to deny any dragon from arriving. Only that Qibli made himself present." She then turned around and started to fly to the front of the castle where the entrance was.

"Guess that's our cue to follow, huh? Come on Win. Let's go see what he has to say." Qibli said before Winter nodded at him and the two flew off to follow Solis.

Darkstalker... What are you going to say? What have you decided? Hopefully not some scheme that'll give you your animus powers back. And hopefully not another scheme to do away with the IceWings again!