Chapter 3: A Beautiful Nightmare

A beautiful nightmare

Story Description: Roommate shenanigans and antics!

Adora's POV:

I woke up to the bright sun shining in my eyes. I looked around confused for a bit, almost forgetting about what happened last night. I could feel a small weight on my shoulder as I looked over to see Catra cutely snuggled up to me underneath the warm soft fuzzy blanket. All I did was stare at her for a moment but I think she could feel me staring because she immediately woke up from her slumber. "Morning," I said in a soft voice. "Morning" she said quietly as she looked around at her surroundings. "Did you sleep well?" I asked as I shifted my position as she sat up to stretch. "Yeah...I guess" She said in a high pitched voice while she stretched. I could tell she was getting a bit flustered. I assumed it was because she remembered we slept next to each other.

I got up to head to the bathroom to start getting ready but I couldn't help but notice her staring out the window just admiring the nature it seems. The way the sun shined on her beautiful eyes...she was just so...pretty. Wait what am I thinking? She's my roommate and I just met her! I can't fall for her. I don't want to take my chances with love again ever since...her. I thought to myself quickly trying to regain my train of thought as I headed to the bathroom.

I wanted to take a bath since I hadn't had one in a while so I began to run the bath water in the tub adding bubbles and a cute bright blue bath bomb. I brushed my teeth and then took my daily vitamins. "Ew, that does not taste good after brushing my teeth!" I said as I gagged. I noticed the water in the tub was filled up enough so I turned it off, stripped my clothing, and took my hair out of my loose ponytail. I dipped my foot in, then my entire body. I breathed in and out and began to relax. I even decided to connect my phone to the Bluetooth speaker we keep in the bathroom and play some music and hum along as I tilted my head back and closed my eyes.

Catra's POV:

I sat down next to the window in the living room in our large dorm. I admired the nature and the birds flying by. I got lost in the clouds...they were so fluffy, and the grass was so green, and the sky was such a bright shade of blue. I really wanted to paint this beautiful scenery in my free time.

When I was little I was abused by my real mother for making the smallest mistakes and when I was sad and felt like nobody in the world could care about a useless being such as me I would use the crayons my art teacher let me borrow and color on the back of my homework and it would make me happy knowing I could go to school the next day, not only to get away from all the abuse and pain for 8 hours but to also show my art teacher what I drew. She would teach me how to draw all kinds of things and she made me feel loved and told me things would get better soon and all the pain and suffering would all be over. She was my art teacher for years and up until 4th grade I never told her what was really going on at home. I just told her that my mother was really upset because my father randomly disappeared on my 5th birthday. I eventually told her she was abusing me because she stopped believing that all the marks were from me falling.

She adopted me once my mother got arrested for multiple things she did due to my fathers disappearance. I told her the rest of the story, how she blamed it all on me. I was only 5 at the time so I didn't understand what was going on. She seemed normal until a month passed and my father hadn't shown. I tried to greet her in the morning but she wouldn't answer. She just sat there on the couch when I tried touching her she snapped. She yelled at me and I began to cry but I wiped my tears and apologized to her but she slapped me on my face and I ran to my room to cry in my closet. I was really shy when I was younger and often only talked to my art teacher. I didn't have any friends but she helped me open up and make a few. My art teacher was right. Once she adopted me everything was so much better. I got to see a lot of new things and places I had never seen before.