Chapter 15: Hit Me Baby One More Time

Hit me Baby One More Time

Story desc: Hit me baby one more time! What happens when Adora's ex hits her up? Read to find out.

Adora's POV:

It's been a couple weeks now since school started and Catra and I have really gotten to know each other. Not long ago I made the soccer team along with a few other friends. Things have been pretty good and drama free. Time to see what today has in store for us.

We were cruising through the streets of Bright Moon in my car. We weren't that far out, only about 20 minutes away from the campus. Catra sniffled and turned on the radio. Still Into You by Paramore was on. She hummed along and tapped her long nails on the half up window as her hair blew in the wind. I didn't know the song but it was pretty catchy. My phone made a ping noise. It was a text message from an unknown number, but I was driving so I didn't want to look at it, especially because of my past. So I asked Catra to open it since her fingerprint was in my phone. "Hey Catra, do you think you could check that message for me please?" "Yeah sure." she said as she put her thumb over the home button to unlock the phone.

She opened the messenger app and looked at the message.

Unknown Number

Hi Adora...

How have u been?

It's Rebecca...

Ik u probably don't want 2 hear from me but pls hear me out..

I am SO sry for what I put u thru last yr, I'm coming bck to

school for the new tri...

Pls txt me bck when ur available I rlly want to talk...

"Who is it?" Catra read the messages and she looked puzzled but upset at the same time. "It's um...Rebecca." She said as she put the phone in front of me at the red light. "Oh..." was all I could manage to say. "...So do you want me to reply?" she asked as she went into snapchat and began taking selfies. "No...I'll deal with it later." I said as I turned the corner and into the parking lot of the campus. "Oh okay." "Catra..." "Yes?" She said looking deeply into my eyes. "Thank you so much for being there for me..." "Oh...it's no problem." She said, smiling softly. We headed inside the building and straight to our dorm room. When we got to the door it was cracked open...strange. Catra and I looked at each other with serious expressions on our faces and nodded, signaling to open the door.

I wasn't too worried since we had a lot of trusted friends that always somehow got into our dorm while we were gone and I always carry a bright blue taser on me that Glimmer got me for my birthday one year after I made the mistake of going to a sketchy corner store at 12am. We slowly pushed open the door to see the back of who I could only guess was Rebecca. She turned around swiftly with a smile, but then her eyes darted between Catra and I and her smile soon faded. "DON'T WORRY ADORA I GOT HER! YOU GO GET BACK UP!" Catra yelled as she tackled the unsuspecting girl. "Catra- wait stop!" I raised my voice, as I pulled her off of my ex. "That's...Rebecca..." I said uncomfortably. "Oh...my bad...I guess..." she said as she went over to the kitchen and grabbed a bottled water. I looked at Catra suggestively. "Fine..." she said under her breath. "Would you like something to drink, Rebecca?" Catra said in an unamused tone.

"I'm okay..thanks though." Rebecca walked slowly towards Catra and held her hand out for her to shake. Catra looked her up and down and slowly shook her hand. "So you're Rebecca huh." "Yeah and you are?" "Catra, Adora's roommate." "Ah I see...so it seems like you've been talking about me." Rebecca said, directing her attention to me. "Yeah I may have mentioned you a couple of times...anyway why are you here?" I asked with my arms crossed. "I'm returning to study here...after the uh situation I decided to go to public school for awhile but I thought I'd come back here...I also wanted to apologize to you..." Rebecca said nervously. I decided to stay quiet. Catra just stood silently and watched. I'm not sure why but she had this look of fear or concern on her face.