Chapter 8: Fire Drill

Fire Drill

Story desc: What happens when Aubree gains intel on Catra...will she use it against her or decide to spare her the pain...read to find out

Adora Pov:

My phone buzzed...it was Aubree.

Preppy Bestie: Hey love, Aubs here...I'm omw to your dorm, are you ready for our sleepover babes?

Me: Oh hey Aubree...and uh yea just uh finishing packing up!

Preppy Bestie: Alr love, cya soon!

Me: Cya!

Catra made me change her contact to Preppy Bestie. "Oh shit I almost forgot about the sleepover!" I said as I jumped up running to my room to pack. "I can help you pack if you want," Catra said as she followed me to my room. "Thanks". In the middle of packing I heard a knock at the door. I went to answer it. "AUBREE! Come in, I'm almost done packing." I said as she sat on the couch in the living room.

I went back to packing when Catra said "So what did you think of that fire drill this morning?" "Oh it was so annoying because the students in my class would not listen to the teacher so it took us forever to get outside the building. How about you?" I said as I put some pajamas in my backpack. "I-I uh hated it too actually...I kinda have a trauma towards anything that has to do with fire...that's why I'm such a bad cook...I never really felt comfortable going near a stove or any kitchen appliance to be honest. But I want to learn to be a better cook and face my fears." She said as she handed me my phone charger.

"What happened?" I asked. "Well when I was younger my mother got drunk and tried cooking something on the stove but left it on and a fire started in the kitchen. She didn't even try to put it out; she just sat on the couch. I was so scared and I didn't know what to do. I just sat there crying and choking from the smoke." she said as she played with a strand of her hair.

Catras flashback:

"Mama! Mama! Look there's fire on the stove, mama!" I yelled as it grew larger. The room was filled with smoke. "Mommy please!" I cried. I started coughing as she just sat there unconscious. I blacked out for a moment and woke up in the arms of a fireman. I told him what happened and they took me to some building.

End of flashback

"Oh Catra that's horrible," I said as I went to hug her. "Yeah but it's okay I get a little scared sometimes, but I should be fine as long as there's no real fire." She said as she handed me my bag. "Well see you tomorrow blondie." She said as she waved goodbye. "Bye bye kitten." I said as me and Aubree went to her dorm. It was pretty fun. Your average sleepover. Snacks, games, we did each other's hair and got to know each other. We did some tik toks but I was really awkward because I never did a tik tok before, I just usually watched them, but she was really good. We eventually fell asleep watching white chicks.

No Pov:

Aubree overheard Adora and Catras' conversation earlier and started planning something to get Catra back. It was late at night...around 3 AM and Aubree had gotten up to start her plan. She quickly grabbed her things and tip-toed out of her dorm room. She went over to Adora and Catras dorm and she chuckled and evilly grinned in her blush pink fuzzy pajamas. Somehow she jammed the door shut so Catra wouldn't be able to get out. Then she started a fire right outside her dorm. She poured acetone in front of the door and lit a match and threw it on the floor. A fire ignited and she ran back to her room and pretended to be asleep. Everyone smelled something smoking and began coughing due to the smoke. Girls began screaming and running outside including Adora and Aubree. Adora tried texting Catra because she didn't see her outside and she began to worry when she didn't respond.

Catra Pov:

I woke up out of my slumber due to the sound of screaming. What the hell is going on? It was hard to breathe and the air was thick. I could smell smoke. My heart began beating faster. I felt a weird feeling take over my body. The air grew denser. I ran out of my room and saw something bright shining from under my door. I screamed and tried to get out but my door wouldn't open. I pounded on the door hoping somebody would hear me "PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME OUT! MY DOOR IS STUCK PLEASE!" I cried. I was beginning to have a panic attack. It felt like I couldn't breathe. I thought I was going to die. "HELP PLEASE!" I pleaded but my voice got weak at the end. My mind was racing with tons of scenarios. I fell to the floor. Everything was getting blurry. I tried to shield my mouth with my sleeve so I didn't pass out. I could hear a faint ding noise. It was my phone. I tried crawling to my room to get it but I was so weak. I finally made it to see many texts and missed calls from Adora.

Princesa: CATRA HELLO!?

Princesa: CATRA ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE PLEASE

Princesa: I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU ARE OKAY PLEASE I'M OUTSIDE

Princesa: CATRA PLEASE PICK UP....PLEASE!

Me: I'm stuck inside the dorm. I can't get out, send help plz!

Princesa: CATRA OMG OK HANG TIGHT, GET LOW TO THE GROUND AND COVER YOUR MOUTH

I just sat there remembering what happened in the past. I was sobbing quietly. I was beginning to fade in and out of consciousness when I heard loud noises...I was soon being carried out by a fireman. Just like before. I saw a big black mark on the floor outside of my dorm, and the door was broken off the hinges. After everything was cleared and they checked everyone to make sure nobody was hurt, we all returned to our dorms. I was still trembling in fear.

Adora came back and spent the rest of the night with me. I was really scared so she slept next to me in my bed. It was 5AM and I couldn't sleep. Adora and I were back to back when I said "Adora?" "Yeah?" She replied shifting a little. "C-can you hold me? Please?" I asked in a sad tone. "Yeah," She said in a calm voice. We moved so that I was snuggled up in her chest and her arms were wrapped around me. She was so warm, and she smelled so good. "Goodnight Catra..." She said softly. "Night...Adora," I replied. "D-did you just call me by my name?" She giggled a bit. "Shut up dork" I then fell into a deep sleep. I felt safer with Adora. She made me forget my problems and feel like I was walking on air.

Hey guys! I hope you don't think the first couple chapters are bad. When I first wrote these back in August I really thought I ate lmao. Anyway that's it byee!

-Moonii15<3