Chapter 19: To My Past Self Part Two

To My Past Self Part Two

Catra's POV:

Some family, and family friends helped decorate and set up for the baby shower. DT was the only one with the results so they kept on leading everyone on about the gender, whether they were right or not. I wore a baby blue tank top and light wash ripped jeans. Adora wore a baby pink sundress. I saw more people wearing blue than pink this time around. We greeted everyone and took photos. All of the kids played in the baby pink and blue bounce house while all of the adults conversed.

"I think it will be a girl." Said Glimmer confidently.

"Yesterday I grew a blue peony, that can only mean one thing." Said Perfuma.

"Hashtag girl power!" Said one of Mermista's many daughters.

After everyone said what they thought the gender would be, it was time for presents. They received many things such as toys, diapers, useful gadgets from amazon, vitamins and maternity clothes and much more.

"Okay, gather around everyone! It's time for the reveal!" Yelled DT.

This time instead of cake or confetti cannons like with Finn and Phoenix, they had a game setup. There was a board with cutouts of a woman and black balloons over the belly, one was filled with pink or blue paint. DT would draw a name from a bowl and said person would throw a dart at a balloon until the one with paint is popped, thus revealing the color.

"First up...Bow!"

Bow took the dart and angled it perfectly, hitting one balloon, unfortunately it was only filled with air.

"Seahawk!"

Seahawk nearly missed but still hit one of the balloons. Nothing. The game went on and on.

"Finn, you're up!"

"¡Lo tienes!" Yelled Catra.

"Focus Tiger!" Yelled Adora.

"You better hit the right one or else!" Yelled Phoenix.

Finn concentrated heavily, blocking out all of their words of encouragement. 'Pop!' Went the balloon with pink paint and glitter exploded everywhere. Everyone clapped and cheered in joy. You could hear some say I knew it and I was misled! DT high-fived Finn, Phoenix hugged Finn and Adora and Catra lifted them up in the air. After everyone ate and helped clean up, it was nightfall.Adora tucked Phoenix in for the night while Catra talked with Finn downstairs.

Adora's POV:

"Goodnight Phoee." (Pronounced Fee) She kissed her precious daughter and tucked her in tightly. "Night mommy." She yawned. "Okay quickly before the sleep takes over, blow out the candle." Adora raised her thumb in front of Phoenix. She then took a deep breath as Adora continued. "Make a wish." Adora held her hand open now. Phoenix closed her eyes and almost told Adora, but she remembered this time not too. Adora turned her hand into a fist. "Lock it in." They fist bumped. "Send it away..." They locked pinky fingers and kissed their thumbs and blew out into the air. Adora gave Phoenix one last kiss before getting Catra and Finn.

Catra's POV:

"Mama?" Said Finn. "Yeah Tigre?" "H-how do you know when you're in love?" Finn looked away shyly. "Aww, does my little Tigre have a crushhhhh, who is it!?" Catra said excitingly. "Shh! No-I-I don't I just, I'm curious." She could tell that there was more to this, but she didn't want to make her child uncomfortable. "Well, when you feel comfortable and safe around them and you can trust them and tell them anything without judgment. When you just know that you are deeply connected and that you are soulmates, you are in fact in love." Said Catra poetically. "So like you and mommy?" "That about sums it up, yes."

"Wow, who knew mi esposa could be so poetic." Said Adora as she suddenly entered the room. Catra loved it when Adora spoke Spanish to her. "Blach! Well I'm outta here before my eyes melt. Adios!" And with that Finn dashed to their room and laid down.

"Who knew your Spanish was getting so good." Catra said as she held Adora close to her. "Well I was going to surprise you later on...but I guess I could say a few things right now..." Said Adora flirtatiously. They held eye contact, "And what would that be?" Asked Catra. "Ven y descúbrelo, Afrodita..." Adora whispered. Catra then scooped up her wife and carried her upstairs bridal style. When they reached the door they saw Finn standing in the doorframe ready for bed. "And what about me, you amazing precious child?" "Alright, alright come here. Finn giggled and jumped on Catra's back. "All aboard the bedtime train!" Catra dropped Finn off at their bed and both her and Adora tucked them in. "Double time! Blow out the candles!" Said Adora. "Mommmmm, I'm too old for that." Groaned Finn. "Yeah, they're too old for that." Said Catra in agreement. "Oh okay..." Said Adora slyly. She then attacked Finn with goodnight kisses. "Backup incoming!" Yelled Catra, joining in. Finn laughed so hard they couldn't speak. After a while they all said goodnight and Catra and Adora headed to their bedroom.

They both got ready for bed, brushing their teeth and hair. Putting on pajamas and snuggling up closely. Every night they talked to the baby inside of Adora's belly. Catra laid between Adoras legs and kissed her belly.

"I bet you'll look just like your mama baby doll." Said Catra. "I bet you'll look more like your mommy." Said Adora. "No la escuches." Said Catra. "Hey I understand you!" Yelled Adora.

Catra smirked and gently tackled Adora, deeply kissing her. "I think I understand that a lot better though." Said Adora. "Mmmm, no. I think I could teach you some more things..." With that they began passionately kissing again until they lost their breath and so on...

Narrators POV:

She neatly wrote on a paper; Dear Adora, take care of yourself. Live in the moment and do NOT let fear take over. You are strong, powerful, smart, brave and the best you that you can be! Never EVER forget that...

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this small filler chapter! This will be the second fanfiction that I update tonight so I am pretty happy about that. I hope that you all are doing well or will be doing better if not. Very soon I will begin the other books for this series so stay tuned for that. That's all, bye for now...(Psst! Comment name ideas pretty please...)

-Moonii15<3