Chapter 21: Awareness Part Two

Catra's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my blaring alarm. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I got ready for the day and went into the kitchen for breakfast. Adora was still asleep...Adora. The girl that I was madly in love with. I made an English muffin with jelly and sat at the kitchen island and ate. I wanted nothing more than to tell Adora how I felt, but once I took a step into a new direction, I followed my heart and not my head. I questioned everything from that point on. If I'm wrong...what's next? I was knocked out of my thoughts by Adora asking me to walk with her to class.

It was now lunchtime. We were both silent, deep in thought. And of course our friends noticed the lack of charm, and charisma at the table. Scorpia pulled me away to the side and Glimmer pulled Adora to the side. She probably was worrying about a bad grade or something.

"What's going on wildcat?" She placed her hands on my shoulders.

"It's nothing..."

"Bullshit."

"Fine! I-I'm in love with Adora!"

"And...you can't tell her because..."

"..."

"Come on, talk to me, wildcat."

"Because, what if it goes wrong? Is there another road that's left? It feels like someone hid the sun where I can't find it, you know? Like It was once so clear and now it's cloudy..." I sighed.

"I didn't mean to unload all of that onto you, Scorps, it's just it-it's getting too hard to breathe...so hard to breathe."

Scorpia looked at me with sympathy.

"You'll get there Wildcat, you'll figure it all out, I know you will."

A tear fell down my cheek and I hugged Scorpia so tightly. I never knew that those few words could hit me so hard.

"I got you...you're okay..." Scorpia rubbed my back.

"I think I'm gonna go home for break early."

"Okay wildcat, whatever you need to do, just maybe come to the spring formal if you're up for it. I have a feeling you're not gonna wanna miss out..."

We hugged again and I headed out. I just needed to be in a new space, unbothered. I went to my childhood house. Sometimes it brought back horrific memories, and other times, it gave me a peace of mind and bliss.

I didn't do much since I arrived, I just thought, napped, drew random little doodles on my arms and hands and strummed my guitar.

I hadn't thought about the situation all day, that was until a certain blondie showed up at my doorstep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bye Adora!" I waved goodbye as she left. Odd, coming all this way to ask a simple question like that. I shrugged it off and got ready for bed. I showered and brushed my teeth. I wore an oversized shirt to bed and just underwear since I was alone. I went to turn all of the lights off. When I got to the living room I saw a piece of paper on the couch. I picked it up and it read; 'My love' and 'the dance.' The front half was ripped off of it though.

"Adora must've left this..." I picked it up and saved it on my dresser. I would just give it to her later on. I was pretty tired even though it was a lazy day. I didn't even finish the school day but whatever. I laid down and drifted off into a deep slumber...