Chapter 4: Troublemaker

Troublemaker

Story description (Just skip to the pov if you don't wanna read the desc): What happens when a popular preppy girl shows up only to cause trouble...how will Catra convince Adora that she's bad news? Looks like Catra has a new rival...

TW: Violence and bullying!

Adora POV:

It was 7:30 AM...I was sleeping soundly, dreaming about Catra...her beautiful eyes...her cute little freckles- wait what's that sound? I was awakened from my slumber due to a constant beeping sound coming from my teal alarm clock on my nightstand. I groaned as I shut it off and got up to stretch. Today was the first day of classes. We had the first two days off to get settled in and tour the campus. I headed into the bathroom to get ready. I did the usual, brushing my teeth and showering. Once I was ready I went to wake Catra up since she was still asleep. I peeked into her room and walked in quietly as I began approaching her to wake her up.

I heard her say "Why are you creeping on me blondie?" I jumped and screeched a bit. Her back was turned away from the door and I was quiet so I was confused as to how she knew I was there. "AH C-catra how the hell did you know I was standing here?" I said holding my chest. "Because I can sense your presence, dummy." she said as she turned around to face me. I just stood there confused.

"I'm a really light sleeper alright, now what do you want?" she said as she was about to close her eyes again. "Come on, hurry up and get ready. We have our first day of classes." I blurted out. She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling and groaned. "Ugh can't we just skip." she said as she ran her hands through her hair. "No we can't, it's our first day plus we only have each class for 30 minutes today anyway." I said with my arms crossed. Her eyes widened and she jumped up. "Only 30 minutes...I can work with that!"

She began searching for something to wear. "Okay well I'm gonna wait in the living room." I said walking out of the room. I sat on the couch scrolling through instagram when I heard a soft knock at the door. Who could that be this early in the morning? I went to open the door to see a petite girl with bright red long hair in two pigtails, and she was wearing a white long sleeve sweater with a red pleated skirt, white knee high socks and bright red boots. She also smelled like cherries. She held a bright red clipboard in her arms as she said in the most enthusiastic tone "Hi there!" I jumped back a bit "Uh-hi?" I said in a very confused tone.

"Oh sorry, I'm Aubree and I'm on the student council!" she said as she held out her hand. "Adora..." I said nervously as I shook her hand. Catra came from the bathroom and crept up behind me. "Who is that...?" She said as she pushed me out of the way a bit. "Oh this is Aubree, she's from the student council." I said as I gestured between them. "You must be Catra" she said as she held her hand out for her to shake. "Yeah...how do you know?" She asked without shaking her hand. "I have a clipboard with all the room numbers and the names of the students who live there." She said, putting her hand to her side. "Oh I see...well is there something you want or...?" Catra asked. She seemed a bit annoyed.

"Oh no, sorry to bother, I just wanted to meet everyone in this hall." She said cheerfully. "Well since you're on the student council do you know anything about when tryouts are for sports?" I asked. "Oh yes, I know about all of the extracurricular activities. What sport are you thinking of trying out for?" She asked, shuffling through the pages of her clipboard. "Uh soccer..." I said rubbing my arm. "You play soccer!?" Catra asked in a really surprised tone. "Uh yeah, since I was 6." "Oh here it is...ah yes soccer tryouts are next friday at 3 PM...I could try out with you if you want." she said as she looked deeply into my eyes.

"Uh yeah sure, sounds fun" I said with a smile on my face. "Great! I'm so excited to have finally found someone to play soccer with! I've been playing since I was 10 and none of my friends ever liked it." She said as she jumped in excitement. "Well I best be go-" She started to say something but Catra cut her off. "Wait...do you have any musical activities?" she asked. "Uh yeah...was there something in particular you were looking for?" she asked, looking a bit annoyed.