Chapter 22: The Last Dance Part One

Adora's POV:

Today was the spring formal and I was a wreck. I decided to get my dress last minute. I wore a red one shoulder applique detail flare hem dress with some white sandals and jewelry. Glimmer and Mermista helped with my hair and makeup. Glimmer curled my hair and clipped a section on each side of my head and left some strands in the front. Mermista did some natural makeup on me and painted my nails. I tapped my foot in angst.

"Relax, Adora..." Said Glimmer as she finished up.

"Yeah Adora, Catra is like, totally in love with you..." Mermista said as she sprayed way too much hairspray into my hair.

"Mermista!" I yelped in embarrassment.

"Wha-too much hairspray?"

I deadpanned at her as she cackled a bit.

Catra's POV:

Scorpia and I got ready for the spring formal together. All she talked about was Perfuma. Apparently they started dating a while ago but I was too caught up in my own problems that I didn't even realize. I was really proud of Scorpia though.

"Do you think this is too much wildcat?" Scorpia came out wearing a red Embroidery Floral Off Shoulder Shirred Cuff Slit Dress.

"No, you look amazing Scorps." I smiled.

"Perfuma's going to love it."

I went to get ready. I decided to do hair and makeup before getting dressed. DT picked my outfit out for me. I wore a red and black set; Single Button Glitter Blazer & Slant Pockets Shorts. (If you didn't notice, I am copying and pasting the names of these fits)

I straightened my hair and wore it down, slicking a section from each side down. I simply did slight glam makeup and added some jewelry. I went to show Scorpia.

"So, how do I look?"

"Stunning!" Scorpia said with enthusiasm.

"Thank you!" I gathered my essentials and we waited for Perfuma so I could take pictures of them together. Once she arrived we began to take pictures. She wore a pink One Shoulder Knot Side Floral Dress. She had her hair in a messy but stylish bun with loose strands and very little makeup on. Scorpia handed her flowers as they posed cutely together. I snapped a couple shots and then took selfies with both of them.

I then headed to Mermista's dorm where Adora and Glimmer were also getting ready. We all wanted to take pictures together. Once we got there I was last to enter the room. My heart practically stopped at the sight of Adora. She looked like a real princess.

"Hey Adora." I said, trying my best to sound confident.

"Hey Catra."

"Okay picture time!" Yelled Glimmer.

First all of the couples posed, then everyone all together. I held my arm around Adora's waist and she placed hers around my shoulder. Then I got bold and wrapped my arms around her neck as she placed her hands on my waist. I then dipped her and winked. After a whole photoshoot we all headed out to the dance hall/ballroom. On the way there Adora and I sat next to each other. We locked hands and I didn't even notice until it was time to go inside. We walked in and there was an entirely different vibe. The song Clarity by Zedd was playing. Everyone spread out. Adora dragged me onto the dance floor.

"If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy..." She sang softly as we began to dance. I missed this so much, her voice, her touch, everything. We pulled away and back in again...

"If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity..."

I spun her.

"Why are you my clarity..."

We swayed in rhythm together, her piercing blue eyes catching the light every now and again.

"Why are you my remedy..."

I dipped her as the song ended.

"I-I'm thirsty, I'll go get us drinks." She said, suddenly breaking eye contact.

Adora's POV:

I ran off to get punch for Catra and I. I'm not sure why I ran off...but I did. I got the drinks and went back to the dance floor to see Catra dancing to Black Widow by Iggy Azalea. (Sorry I'm on my outdated playlist rn...) She looked heavenly, like a goddess.

"You used to be, thirsty for me, but now you wanna be set free..."

We met eyes from across the dance floor. My hands were trembling and I was gripping the plastic fancy cups.

"Imma make you beg for it, plead for it, till you feel like you breathe for it, till you do any and everything for it..."

She raised her arms, leading them up her body and over her head, down the back of her head and neck, trailing her hands down her torso.

"Oh uhm here." I handed her the cup finally. She took a sip, still not breaking eye contact with me.

"So..."

"So..."

"KISS!" Bow whisper yelled from beside us.

"Bow!" We yelped in unison.

"I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!" We both said in unison.

"Okay you first." Said Catra.

"Well I..."

(Catra's outfit because it's my favorite, just picture it red and black)

***ALSO CREDIT TO ALL ARTISTS FOR THE ART AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE, I'VE BEEN FORGETTING****

But yeah I'm about to write the next part so goodbye! *Kisses* <3