Chapter 7: Play Nice

Play Nice

Story desc (If you don't wanna read then skip to the pov): I might look sweet but I don't play nice...what happens when Adoras "Preppy Bestie" is released from the nurses office...will she get her revenge or forgive Catra? Read to find out

TW: Slight mentions of self harm, drugs and alcohol!

Catras Pov:

We arrived at the roller rink and got settled in. We finally got to the rink to start skating after we put on our skates. It was gonna close in about an hour so it was pretty empty. It was nice that way though. "Hey Adora?" I said making eye contact with her. "Hm?" "We should....we should make this a tradition...we should come here every friday just before it closes." I said as I blushed a little. "Yeah that sounds like fun!" she said as she took my hand and dragged me out onto the rink.

The lights were dim and colorful. There was a song playing in the background (Fireflies By Owl City) "I love this song!" Adora said as she took my hands to spin me around. I stumbled a bit because I wasn't that good at skating. "Just hold onto me, I'll help you balance." She said softly. I nodded and held on to her.

She began to sing. "I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly. It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep 'Cause everything is never as it seems" Her voice always sounded so calm. She began to spin us both around slowly. We just stared at each other deeply. She pulled me in and we swayed side to side calmly. "To ten million fireflies I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes, I got misty eyes as they said farewell" She sang as she spun me again but this time letting go of my hand.

"But I'll know where several are, If my dreams get real bizarre 'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar" She sang as she slowly backed up. We both skated towards each other, locking our hands when we met in the middle, and staring deeply into each other's eyes.

"I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly. It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep because my dreams are bursting at the seams" she whispered as we both leaned in. I could feel so much tension between us. I looked at eyes and then her lips. Come on Catra, just do it. We were about to kiss but suddenly a man with a mop came out of a closet and yelled "Closing time girls!" We both jumped and skated off the rink. "That was fun!" She said as she changed back into her boots. "Yeah...fun" I replied. We headed home and it was a pretty uneventful night.

It was now the next day (Saturday). It was the afternoon and we were all at lunch. We were enjoying our meals and conversing when Aubree walked up to our table. She was a bit swollen and bruised and she had some bandages but otherwise she looked as preppy as always.

"Hey Catra...you got blood all over my favorite white sweater" She said sharply. "Look Aubree...I really am sorry...I let my anger get the best of me, I shouldn't have um...hurt you." I said sincerely. "Wow how nice of you, but that doesn't fix my face or my sweater....But I guess I should apologize as well being that I did provoke you...So I'm sorry or whatever."

"Thanks..." I said before taking a bite of my salad. "Adora...how about that sleepover tonight?" She asked. "Alright...but only if you stop provoking Catra." She said, I was surprised to hear that. I was expecting her to just say yes and ditch me and the others. "Deal." she said and walked away. I thanked Adora as I handed her the rest of my food as always.

The rest of the group just sat there in confusion so we caught them up. "Wow that's just...wow." Glimmer said in shock. "Remind me to never provoke you." Bow said. "I wouldn't hurt you guys...well maybe..." I said. "Awww I didn't even realize you gave Adora the rest of your food...you guys are so cute together." Bow said in awe. "We're not together!" we both said in unison and blushed. "It's just a thing we do...I don't know why or when it started really..." Adora said as she rubbed her arm.

I had a bad feeling about Aubree still. She didn't seem like the forgive and forget type. I still didn't trust her. Lunch was finally over and me and Adora were in our dorms. We both were sitting in the living room on our phones. I was scrolling through instagram and I think Adora was playing some sort of game on her phone, it looked like Bitlife.

Adoras Pov:

I felt like it was finally time to ask Catra about that bloody razor I found in her room. "H-hey catra?" I said with a bit of fear in my voice. "Yeah blondie?" "I uh I need to talk to you about something...now you don't have to tell me anything about it but I need to tell you still." I said as she sat up. She looked really confused. "Okay..." She said cautiously. "So...when I was picking out your outfit yesterday...I-I found something..." "okay what did you find?" "This" I held up the bloody razor. She just gasped and looked shocked.

"Catra I-" She grabbed it from me and turned around. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked sincerely. "Not long before we moved in here...I was in a bad place...that was when I was dealing with so much...before I turned my life around. I had a lot of mental problems...sometimes I still struggle...I turned to drugs and alcohol and I was a mess....I even began hurting myself. I guess I never got rid of the razor..." She said as she turned around and frowned at me.

"Catra I-I am so sorry you had to go through that. I don't ever want you to hurt yourself again..." I said and went to hug her and she surprisingly hugged me back. "Thanks blondie...I won't hurt myself anymore..." "Do you promise?" "Promise" She said softly. She was about to go back to being on her phone when I asked "How come I can't see any marks?" I didn't know if I made a mistake asking her that, but my answer soon came. "Oh that's because I did them on my inner thighs since I rarely wear shorts in public." "Oh...I'm sorry" I said in a sad voice. "Stop apologizing, you didn't do this to me." She said, "I know I can't help it, so-" "let's watch tv" She said, cutting me off. "How about barbie?" I said sitting next to her under a blanket. "Really? Barbie?" She said in an annoyed tone. "Yessss I'm serious." I said. "Okay fine...we'll watch BaRbIe LiFe iN tHe DrEaMhOuSe" She said as she put her head on my shoulder.