Chapter 18

j a c k

He turned to her. "Els." She hummed in response. "Let's go."

Running towards the double doors, where Hans went with Anna, Elsa shouted to her subjects that she will be back in a second. This was an emergency. Her sister was in trouble and he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back.

He saw him took a corner, leading him and Elsa to the back garden. Shoot! Hans has a knife so close to Anna. Then, in the dark, Jack heard a cackle from behind them. It was the same thing he heard in his dream, when he was still in his coma.

"Pitch," he said, under his breath.

"Wait, what did you say?" Elsa asked. She stepped forward.

"Halt! Don't come any closer! Or this damsel gets it!" Hans warned.

Then, she shot ice daggers at his knife, leaving a cut in his hand. Afterwards, Jack shot ice spikes to his clothes, making him hang on the wall.

"Anna!" She shouted to her sister, hugging her, whilst Anna cried, terrified.

"It's not over yet," a voice boomed. "You really thought you've defeated the villain? I think not."

"What? Who are you and what do you want?" Elsa, bravely said, breaking away from their hug.

"I'm hungry," he hissed at her. "I need fear."

She stood up to him. "Fear? I don't think we have any." Her hands were ready to ice Pitch, but Jack stopped her.

"Look, Pitch. Snowflake said it already. So, go!" Jack said.

"Fine. I'll just take YOU instead!" Pitch cackled, while he took his fear.

"Arrrgh!" He shouted.

"No!" He saw Elsa stood in front of him. She saved him, but who saved her?

Pitch Black disappeared into the night (probably out getting more fear). And there. Standing frozen in front of him, was Elsa. She looked frightened and seemed to have lost herself. He felt so guilty about this. It was all his fault. He should have went in front of her, after that split second!

Jack hugged her tight, whilst she was filled with fear, and he quietly sang: "The day I first met you. You told me you'd never fall in love. I know your scared. It's wrong. Like you might make a mistake." A manly tear dropped from his left eye.

"You know, Jack. Love was all she really needed," Anna said. "She might've quoted from her favourite Disney character, Elsa and would've said:'Love. Of course.' And I would've said,'Love will thaw a frozen heart.'" She sighed, sadly and wept.

Kristoff appeared out of nowhere and hugged Anna, comforting her. Then, Jack looked back at Elsa, who was still feared. Without thinking, he kissed her, passionately. As if he had never kissed her before. It was a brave kiss.

Suddenly, that sweet, lovable, familiar voice said to him: "Jack? Can I just say something?" He nodded, pulling away from her to give her some space. "But this is gonna sound corny. Ok. A brave kiss will break fear."

"Oh! That was so corny!" He joked. "Nah. Just kidding. I'm sometimes a bit corny." Jack rubbed his nose against her.

"Hey! Lovebirds!" It was Mr. Hugs. "Stop it! And let's get back to the party!"

He chuckled. "Sorry, Olaf."

Meanwhile, he stared at the wall that was supposed to have Hans stuck on, but it was left with ripped bits of his suit. Where has he gone? Shoot! He even took the icicles! Such a selfish one! Jack really hates him.