Chapter 1: New year

-Y/N's POV-

I heard a beeping sound and looked up. It was my alarm clock. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom, getting ready. When I got to the sink and looked at the mirror to see my black skin and covered eye, I remembered something

"Yay" I said with a sarcastic tone and little enthusiasm "Today is the first day of school" I scoffed. I got out of bed, got dressed then headed to the kitchen. I saw Father making breakfast for me and my siblings. His black uneven and tangled hair and red eyes looking at the meal with delight. His wings are in their small from and they are slightly flapping as he dances around with the frying pan. He does this every year on the first day of school. I scoff at him then sat at the dinner table.

"Morning dear. Here's your breakfast" He shot me a smile as he always placed a plate in front of me.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "I'm not stupid, you know? You do this every year!"

His smile turns to seriousness. "Then you should know what I always say to you before you leave"

"Yeah yeah I know" I scoff once again. "Keep a eye on the boy" I mocked him and roll my eyes once more

"Good. Now eat your breakfast and go get your siblings"

I roll my eyes for the third time and started eating. Even though it annoyed me, I did like when he made me breakfast because he actually can cook

After I finish, I throw my plate in the sink and go to wake up Ellie and Luke. I knock on the door three times then I heard a muffled 'We're up' from someone followed by a 'come in' from someone else.

I opened the door and walk inside. Luke was going through his closet and Ellie wasn't in the room so assumed they are in the washroom.

"It's the first day of school for you sister. I assume that father made you that special breakfast already?"

"You mean the breakfast to butter me up every year so that he can tell me to keep a eye on that stupid boy? Yeah, he did"

"Maybe you shouldn't have agreed to help him and his friend"

"I didn't know what I was getting myself into ok?!? You never let me live it down!"

"And I never will. Nothing good ever comes out of helping father with his stupid shit."

I scoff. "Your lucky you get to stay home and be homeschooled."

Just then the washroom door opened and out walked Ellie. They walk to me and hug me. "Morning sissy!"

"Ah. Get off me!" I demanded

"Oh...father put you in a mood" they let go of me

"He does it every year." I roll my eyes

Its was silent for a while as Luke and Ellie finished getting dressed. I sat on Luke's bed due to the hurting of my feet

"I'm actually glad I only have two more years at that fucking stupid school, though, wizards have some interesting spells."

"You show us all you learn every year and I honestly agree with you"

"Yeah sissy. I kinda wanna learn wizard magic now because of you."

We all let out small chuckles. Once we all calmed down, I spoke again "Do you guys want to hear a secret?"

"What?" Luke and Ellie said in unison.

"Whenever I'm not at hogwarts, I secretly combine demon and wizard magic."

Ellie gasped and Luke became really concerned. "Isn't that dangerous and how have the council of the ministry's seer not caught you yet?"

"At first it was dangerous and I haven't gotten caught yet cause I know how to cover my tracks" I say in a smug tone

"Please be careful when doing that"

"I will brother" I nodded my head

Some more time passed by then I heard a knock on the door. "Y/n! Get ready to leave! The train to Hogwarts leaves in three hours!" Yelled father

I sighed. "Coming father!" I yelled back. I stood up off the bed. "I must go get ready. Bye"

"Bye Y/N!" I heard both of them say as I left the room

*-*

We arrived at the entrance to platform nine as three quarters in our human forms. I turned around and hugged Ellie and Luke. "I'll see you both at Christmas ok?"

They both nodded. "Bye Y/N"

"I'll miss you sissy" Ellie gave me one last hug then I gave her a kiss on the forehead

I looked at father and just scoffed. "Don't mess up your mission dear!" I roll my eyes and turned around.

I grab my cart and pull it in front of the pillar then I take a deep breath and ran through the wall. I arrived on the platform with just ten minutes to spare. I walked over to the man who was loading up everyone's stuff

"Hello Emma! Another great year at hogwarts I hope."

I changed my personality quick and gave him a smile. "I hope it's a-another great y-year too!"

"Well, go ahead and hop on the train. There are already a few students. Unless you are waiting for someone."

"Do I have to r-remind you every y-year? No one w-wants to be friends with m-me so I wait for n-no one"

"I know, but just gotta make sure just in case you do make a friend one day."

I gave him another smile. "I'll go g-get on the train now." I waved then hopped onto the train. No one wanted to be my friend nor did I want any. It was one way I was to stay focused on the mission without having to hear it from father

*-*

I was looking at the window - zoned out - when I hear a knock on my carriage door. I open it and saw a short girl with red hair and green eyes staring at me, she looked like a first or second year

"I'm so sorry, but can I sit with you? All the other cars are full."

I sigh. "Fine" I backed up and sat back down. "Are you a first or second year?"

"F-first. What about you?"

"I'm a sixth year."

"Have you enjoyed your experience so far?"

"I actually have. Learning new spells and potions is interesting." I had just told her a half-truth. I honestly don't hate it that much, but I must get this mission over with as soon as possible!